Lake Calls
Notes:
Foods Eaten: ...
The Dream:
I was in North Carolina, visiting my parents. I was sitting on a bed, but I wasn't paying enough attention to recognize if it was familiar or unfamiliar surroundings. I was on the phone, talking to my friend James on speaker phone when my mom walked in the room and asked, "Who is this new guy you're on the phone with all the time?" I half smiled and replied, "Uhh... that's James." My mom gave me a condescending look and questioned, "Should you be on the phone with another man?" Annoyed, I exclaimed, "Mom!" She started to retort and I was now becoming embarrassed that James was still on speaker phone and listening to my mom and I getting heated, so I whispered into the phone, "I gotta go..." and hung up.
After mom and I cooled down, I went outside. The surroundings were not my parents backyard, but more of a lake with a secluded beach. I walked into the shallows and sat down in the water, proceeding to call James back after I got comfortable. He answered and said, "Hey," but his mom was now talking to him and she sounded louder and more clear than I had heard him. I inquired as to what he was doing and he requested to switch the call to a video chat. Once the video popped up, I saw him wearing a bright yellow life jacket, leaning back on his mom. I must've raised my eyebrow at him as he pulled the phone further away so that I could see they were in a kayak together.
While I was staring at the video chat on my phone, I saw something black in the lake behind my phone pop up and leave ripples in the water. I stopped focusing on James and kept an eye out on the rippling area, thinking maybe I'd imagined it... but a few seconds later, the black object appeared again. My mind decided it was an alligator, so I quickly stood up and started walking out of the lake. As I was doing so, my mom showed up and flicked a switch on a nearby post that caused the water to start draining out of the lake (in the style of a black hole). I think dream reality crashed here and I woke up...
Foods Eaten: ...
The Dream:
I was in North Carolina, visiting my parents. I was sitting on a bed, but I wasn't paying enough attention to recognize if it was familiar or unfamiliar surroundings. I was on the phone, talking to my friend James on speaker phone when my mom walked in the room and asked, "Who is this new guy you're on the phone with all the time?" I half smiled and replied, "Uhh... that's James." My mom gave me a condescending look and questioned, "Should you be on the phone with another man?" Annoyed, I exclaimed, "Mom!" She started to retort and I was now becoming embarrassed that James was still on speaker phone and listening to my mom and I getting heated, so I whispered into the phone, "I gotta go..." and hung up.
After mom and I cooled down, I went outside. The surroundings were not my parents backyard, but more of a lake with a secluded beach. I walked into the shallows and sat down in the water, proceeding to call James back after I got comfortable. He answered and said, "Hey," but his mom was now talking to him and she sounded louder and more clear than I had heard him. I inquired as to what he was doing and he requested to switch the call to a video chat. Once the video popped up, I saw him wearing a bright yellow life jacket, leaning back on his mom. I must've raised my eyebrow at him as he pulled the phone further away so that I could see they were in a kayak together.
While I was staring at the video chat on my phone, I saw something black in the lake behind my phone pop up and leave ripples in the water. I stopped focusing on James and kept an eye out on the rippling area, thinking maybe I'd imagined it... but a few seconds later, the black object appeared again. My mind decided it was an alligator, so I quickly stood up and started walking out of the lake. As I was doing so, my mom showed up and flicked a switch on a nearby post that caused the water to start draining out of the lake (in the style of a black hole). I think dream reality crashed here and I woke up...
Comments
Post a Comment