Notes: Went to a CKY concert last night, had someone creepily staring at me through the car window for nearly an hour afterward. Got home at 3 AM. I dunno if any of these things actually connected to the dream, but this is the only journal I've kept semi-consistently in life, so it seemed worth noting.

Foods Eaten: Salad

The Dream:
(I'm certain there was more before where my memory kicks in.) ...Looking around, I was in a large hallway with white tile floor and white brick walls. The kind of hall you see for concession stands in an arena. There was a girl on the floor with one of those plastic containers you use to hold paint in when you're using a roller... except hers was filled with water. And a lobster. I recall thinking that was an odd choice for a pet, but when I got closer and was watching it move around, I could see how it could be kind of cute. I walked away, probably made a circle around the presumed arena. I may have even gone into a seat, it felt like I had been occupied for a while, but I don't remember watching any game. When I got back to the original hallway, the girl was crying. I saw the lobster was upside down on its back, making erratic movements that didn't look good. I asked her what was wrong and she said he fell down the steps, twice. I sat with her and tried to comfort her while we both watching the poor lobster squirm until it finally stopped moving. I gave her a hug, then walked over to a wall where a group of people I was presumed to be with were standing.

Trevor was in the group, wearing a red Capitals shirt. He was acting weird and I overheard him use the word, "Propose," when he was talking to someone else. The idea then stuck in my head and I basically felt like I was just waiting for that moment to happen. He continued talking to other people while basically ignoring me, but we finally locked eyes from across the hall. Instead of walking up to me, he got down on one knee exactly where he was and I was prompted to walk up to him. I couldn't even hear what he said over the crowd in the hallway, but his voice sounded shaky like he was crying, and the obvious question was assumed. He opened a small white box and pulled out what looked to be a tiny golden ring with a small skull with ruby eyes, but when I reached for it to say, "Yes," it turned out to be a necklace and the skull was just the centerpiece, with other trinkets dangling from it. If we're being honest, it was more tacky than pretty, but I kept that to myself of course. Trevor hugged and kissed me, but no one around stopped to watch the moment or cheer for us. Life basically continued on as if nothing monumental had just happened.

This time we did walk down into an actual arena, to some seats in a middle section where my mom and dad were sitting. My parents didn't say anything, so I assumed they didn't know what had just happened. I was wearing the necklace now and I showed it to mom, although I didn't say that it was a token of engagement. She also thought it was tacky.

Again, I don't remember watching a game or much else from that moment until I was back in the concession area. The girl was still there, but no longer mourning her lobster. I realized that she had a new one in her paint container, it was much smaller than the first one. I know I got closer to her to look at it, but I don't remember interacting with her as much this time.

...Next thing I know, we are walking through a large parking lot. More like the kind you'd find outside a hotel resort than an arena. We went inside a building, but all the details got lost. I was standing in a corner with a couple other people and saw a sheet of paper taped on the wall that read, "I hate Lizzy." There was more to it, an semi-explanation for why, but all I could focus on was that first line. I quickly went from feeling the engagement elation to feeling really down. The note was anonymous, but I was sad to know someone disliked me so much. I remember walking around the building, looking at all the people in there, trying to figure out which person was the author of the note.

I must have gotten distracted by something else, as I ended up walking through the parking lot again, with Trevor this time. We got to a parking spot that was apparently mine, where my Vette should have been sitting, but instead it was just the small rear spoiler, a large chain and a hubcap in the parking spot. Again, my mood switched and I was instantly livid. I went to go back inside, now on the hunt to find out who took my car. Two people, one man and one woman pulled me into a room attached to one of the buildings that was separated by one of those one sided mirror windows. We could see and hear through the window, but the people on the other side had no idea we were there or listening. It was like a meeting was going on. I assumed the two people had pulled me in so I could listen to conversation and see if I got any hints of who stole my car. I ended up getting frustrated and burst into the room, revealing the secret area for listening (though no one seemed to care or be surprised). I began threatening that I would sue the car thief and take them for everything they were worth if my car wasn't returned in the pristine condition it was taken in and if more than 10 miles had been put on it. I adamantly stated that I wouldn't take anything less from my insurance company, either. I walked around to every person at the table and accused them of stealing the car until one older woman finally confessed that it was her husband, he had always wanted a Corvette.

I must have woken up somewhere around here... the general synopsis of the dream was fresh on my mind, but no one had called the cops or started a logical process to get my car back yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running Away with Chevelle

From School to Blood

Mushrooms to Restore Sanity