Movie and a Walk
Notes: I recently made some canvas art with "dream" written on it and hung it next to my bed as a morning reminder. I actually think it's help with dream recall.
The Dream:
I was in some sort of small restaurant, it was built in the center of a movie theater. The wings to each movie screening were around the restaurant, so if you stood in the middle and turned around, you'd see double doors in all directions. There was a bar area in the center, where I was standing when my friend/co-worker, Daniel, walked up to me as if he was meeting me. A woman bartender came up to us and asked what kind of menu we wanted. I looked and Daniel silently as if asking him if he wanted food or not and he said, "I'd rather eat after the movie." I wanted to eat at that moment, but I said, "Okay." and went along with it anyway. Instead, I tried to order a drink, asking for a "Dirty Shirley." The woman looked at me annoyed and confused and asked what was in it and I said, "Just vodka, sprite and grenadine." She rolled her eyes and said, "We can't do that." Not caring enough about the drink to argue, we walked away to sit at a small round table while waiting for movie time.
While sitting at the table, Daniel's kid, Xander showed up in a third seat. He didn't look much like the actual Xander, but still looked a lot like Daniel so I didn't seem to question it. I watched as an employee opened up the double doors to the theater that was showing our movie. I could see the crowd of people flooding the exit from the previous screening and knew it was almost time for us to get moving, but Daniel got a phone call right at that moment. It was a work call and I could overhear it, but don't remember what was being said. It took long enough that I watched people start filing into the now empty theater and started worrying that we wouldn't find two good seats next to each other. I got tired of waiting on Daniel's call to end and got up to go find a spot for us, but the movie was already starting when I walked in the door. I walked around to the far left, hoping there'd be more empty seats if they were off center. Thankfully, I was right and found a pair of seats next to each other that were relatively close to the screen. As soon as I sat down, Daniel showed up and sat next to me. I whispered to him, "That was fast."
(This fascinates me as I've always wondered whether the brain could dream up a whole movie or not, but I've never remembered seeing a movie in my dreams before this.) Watching the movie, there were these robotic spheres... they were made up of small pieces that fit together to make a very large sphere shape. Most of them were semi-translucent with slightly blue tints. They were able to "extend" pieces out to function as arms or legs, but their main form of movement was just rolling. They had control of themselves and they also had feelings, as evident by the movie and a human becoming friends with one of the sphere shapes. I distinctly remember two of the spheres rolling off the side of a bridge, but being able to kick out their pieces and help each other climb back up the side of it. Unfortunately because they are so large, they took chunks of the bridge out when they were climbing up.
I don't recall how the movie ended, but I recall that it did end and we left the theater and went back to the restaurant area. Food was forgotten about and we parted ways.
Somehow I ended up in my old cul-de-sac at Oldham Place, where I grew up. I was walking around in a long purple gown with my neighbor, Halley. She was weirding a long, earthy green gown. It was the middle of the night and we exchanged casual conversation as we walked up the hill on the road. Halley said, "This is the dress I wore at my wedding." I suddenly remember she had gotten married and wondered if they were still together. I glanced at her hands to try and see if I could see a ring on her fourth finger, but it was too dark and she was swinging her arms too much for me to confirm one way or another. I decided not to bring up the topic. She continued elaborating, talking about how it was hard but there were some good times. Nothing she said gave any confirmation on my question. We took a left turn onto Cardiff, the road that Oldham dead ends at. When we got to the bottom of that hill, we ran into Halley's mom, Nancy. We turned left at the intersection with the neighborhood's main circuit, Ironwoods Drive. Suddenly, there were tons of people on the street, like walking at Mardi Gras. People were dressed up with masks and ball gowns, including Nancy. Halley got ahead of me and Nancy went to scold her and told her to slow down, notioning to me. I said I didn't mind, I'd catch up when the crowd thinned out. And when we got to the otherside of the crowd, Nancy had stayed back in the mix and I was now in a shopping cart that seemed to be moving itself... I remember still being half in the dream and talking to Halley as I came to consciousness. I thought it was still fairly early out because the sun wasn't shining in the room, but it was light... turned out a heavy rain woke me up.
The Dream:
I was in some sort of small restaurant, it was built in the center of a movie theater. The wings to each movie screening were around the restaurant, so if you stood in the middle and turned around, you'd see double doors in all directions. There was a bar area in the center, where I was standing when my friend/co-worker, Daniel, walked up to me as if he was meeting me. A woman bartender came up to us and asked what kind of menu we wanted. I looked and Daniel silently as if asking him if he wanted food or not and he said, "I'd rather eat after the movie." I wanted to eat at that moment, but I said, "Okay." and went along with it anyway. Instead, I tried to order a drink, asking for a "Dirty Shirley." The woman looked at me annoyed and confused and asked what was in it and I said, "Just vodka, sprite and grenadine." She rolled her eyes and said, "We can't do that." Not caring enough about the drink to argue, we walked away to sit at a small round table while waiting for movie time.
While sitting at the table, Daniel's kid, Xander showed up in a third seat. He didn't look much like the actual Xander, but still looked a lot like Daniel so I didn't seem to question it. I watched as an employee opened up the double doors to the theater that was showing our movie. I could see the crowd of people flooding the exit from the previous screening and knew it was almost time for us to get moving, but Daniel got a phone call right at that moment. It was a work call and I could overhear it, but don't remember what was being said. It took long enough that I watched people start filing into the now empty theater and started worrying that we wouldn't find two good seats next to each other. I got tired of waiting on Daniel's call to end and got up to go find a spot for us, but the movie was already starting when I walked in the door. I walked around to the far left, hoping there'd be more empty seats if they were off center. Thankfully, I was right and found a pair of seats next to each other that were relatively close to the screen. As soon as I sat down, Daniel showed up and sat next to me. I whispered to him, "That was fast."
(This fascinates me as I've always wondered whether the brain could dream up a whole movie or not, but I've never remembered seeing a movie in my dreams before this.) Watching the movie, there were these robotic spheres... they were made up of small pieces that fit together to make a very large sphere shape. Most of them were semi-translucent with slightly blue tints. They were able to "extend" pieces out to function as arms or legs, but their main form of movement was just rolling. They had control of themselves and they also had feelings, as evident by the movie and a human becoming friends with one of the sphere shapes. I distinctly remember two of the spheres rolling off the side of a bridge, but being able to kick out their pieces and help each other climb back up the side of it. Unfortunately because they are so large, they took chunks of the bridge out when they were climbing up.
I don't recall how the movie ended, but I recall that it did end and we left the theater and went back to the restaurant area. Food was forgotten about and we parted ways.
Somehow I ended up in my old cul-de-sac at Oldham Place, where I grew up. I was walking around in a long purple gown with my neighbor, Halley. She was weirding a long, earthy green gown. It was the middle of the night and we exchanged casual conversation as we walked up the hill on the road. Halley said, "This is the dress I wore at my wedding." I suddenly remember she had gotten married and wondered if they were still together. I glanced at her hands to try and see if I could see a ring on her fourth finger, but it was too dark and she was swinging her arms too much for me to confirm one way or another. I decided not to bring up the topic. She continued elaborating, talking about how it was hard but there were some good times. Nothing she said gave any confirmation on my question. We took a left turn onto Cardiff, the road that Oldham dead ends at. When we got to the bottom of that hill, we ran into Halley's mom, Nancy. We turned left at the intersection with the neighborhood's main circuit, Ironwoods Drive. Suddenly, there were tons of people on the street, like walking at Mardi Gras. People were dressed up with masks and ball gowns, including Nancy. Halley got ahead of me and Nancy went to scold her and told her to slow down, notioning to me. I said I didn't mind, I'd catch up when the crowd thinned out. And when we got to the otherside of the crowd, Nancy had stayed back in the mix and I was now in a shopping cart that seemed to be moving itself... I remember still being half in the dream and talking to Halley as I came to consciousness. I thought it was still fairly early out because the sun wasn't shining in the room, but it was light... turned out a heavy rain woke me up.
Comments
Post a Comment