Hiding from the Post-Apocalyptic

The Dream:
I remember being outside somewhere and walking in the opposite direction from a really massive line of people. I passed by the guitarist of Killswitch Engage (I think) and for whatever reason, swapped earplugs with him (it was a quick swap, like we were both already holding them in our hands and just reached out and did a high five exchange when I walked by). Continued walking, go to the end of whatever road we were on and it went from being in a populated and well taken care of city to being some desolate looking street. I remember a school bus across the middle of the road and a McDonalds that looked like it had been abandoned. Looked like video game graphics when there's a war going on, basically. There were other people with me at this point and they started pouring oil on everything... like we were running from something and creating blockages/deterrents.

So the school bus gets set on fire, along with various other objects and buildings in the perimeter. We had planned out our personal escape route through the flames ahead of time. Our group got separated somehow and I ended up on my own, but made it to an old brick building (clearly where we were all supposed to go). There were no windows in the room you walked into and it had no power when I went inside and I was whistling to try and find the rest of my group, who whistled back. Eventually I found them in a room that had windows, seated out a round wooden table (there were 5 people but I don't remember who a single one of them was). We were watching out the windows, looking at everything burn.

There was an abandoned bar in the room, too, and someone offered me a guaro sour (it's a Costa Rican drink that I quite like). I took it and was staring out a different window when someone in a costume (looked like a teletubby or something equally bizarre and also creepy) walked by. They appeared to be staring through the window, which although tinted and dirty, I felt like they could see us through it. I got creeped out and said I was going to hide in a different room without windows. Woke up after that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running Away with Chevelle

From School to Blood

Mushrooms to Restore Sanity