The Copy Machine
Notes: This was surely induced by sleeping in the actual bed after sleeping on the couch for a week or two straight.
The Dream:
I was laying on the floor of a room that I'm pretty sure was indoors and carpeted. My old coworker Robyn was there with my coworker Stephanie, and they were discussing things completely unrelated to me. Stephanie had a notebook crammed full of papers, and as Robyn was asking Stephanie questions, the pages in the notebook were flipping like a gust of wind was blowing them to the next page. I moved toward the notebook and began flipping through the pages myself. Each page had a concert photo in the center of it with a paragraph or so of text above it. At first, the photos looked like they were taken from a cell phone. Simple photos from the crowd at low quality, but as I flipped through them they improved in quality, though were consistently a full stage shot with the crowd in them, taken from the back of a venue. I remember seeing my photography friend Jenn's name on one of the pages, but didn't determine if they were her photos or not. Stephanie came to take the notebook and I realized I had been going through it without permission and apologized for reading it but said the music caught my eye. Neither Stephanie nor Robyn were bothered.
...I don't remember the transition, but I remember later on walking down a hall in what was likely the same building. I walked past a room with an open door and I saw 4x6" photos flying every which way as they got shot out of a copy machine. There was a man on the other end of the machine, frantically trying to catch the photos. I asked him what he was doing and he said something to the extent of trying to get rid of the memories. Still at the entrance of the room, I leaned out the door and grabbed the next two women who walked by and pulled them in the room, shutting the door behind us. I seemed to know the women, but I can't play their faces. They were startled and asked what was going on and I said that I thought the guy was having a break down, which they clearly agreed with after seeing all the photos flying out of the copy machine.
We calmed the man down and sat him at a table in the room, then set off to pick up all the photos off the floor. In the background, you could hear him telling his sob story about why he was trying to get this woman out of his head. Once we finished picking up the photos, we returned to the table. The man was now a woman, slim, blonde, in her late 20's or 30's but again I can't place her face. There were trays of fast food on the table, which it appeared like she had ordered. She pulled tray after tray at a time in front of her, shoving her face full of fatty foods while sobbing away. After two or so tray fulls, you could tell she was getting full, but there was still one more tray of food which had mozzarella sticks and a pile of macaroni and cheese on it along with some other stuff. She started to reach for the tray and I tried to coax her out of eating anymore. She wasn't really listening to me, so I tried to ask her if I could have one of the mozzarella sticks instead. She was still sobbing and didn't really answer, though seemed possessive about her food. But when I reached out and took one of the sticks, she didn't stop me. We eventually pulled the trays of food away from her.
By this point there were other people sitting at the table with us and the view rotated. Originally I had been sitting at one of the long ends of the table, but now I was sitting on the side. The woman was still distraught and claiming she wanted to get rid of a guy, who was apparently now sitting to my left. I recall attempting something silly in the dream, which was throwing my unicorn blanket over the guy sitting next to me to pretend like he was disappearing. The woman was not amused until I pulled away the blanket and the guy had actually disappeared... or at least it appeared that way. I quickly noticed him sitting under the table and apologized for knocking him off his chair with my blanket. The guy started to climb back in his chair but the woman was still being stunned at his disappearance and didn't notice, which made it more humorous when something distracted the guy and he ducked just out of sight of the woman right as she turned her head and would have seen him had he not moved. This sort of unintentional game seemed to repeat a couple times before I actually woke myself up because I was laughing at the scene.
Comments
Post a Comment