Parties & Pokemon in New Zealand
Foods Eaten: A couple jalapeno-pickle chips as a midnight snack and a cup of chai tea.
Notes: I had this one between 8:00 and 9:00 am, after my alarm went off.
The Dream:
I was in a small house, more like an old trailer with wooden walls, floors, and decorations from the 80's. My family was there, I had just given dad a gift. It was a large photo print, though I don't remember what it was of. He had sprawled it across the floor and as he was looking at it he asked if I could get some paint to fix some spots. When I went to look at what he was talking about, I saw that some areas that should've printed green had printed with pinkish-red spots instead. I blamed it on the printer... I know there was more to this snippet of dream as I remember being in a parking lot full of cars with my sister and I remember being on a bed in a bedroom with someone but I don't remember any other details...
...Next thing I know, I was at a party in a familiar house (I now recognize it to be my Grandma Sally's house, but some things were a little off/different in the layout and it didn't occur that it was Grandma's house in the dream). There were tons of people there, most of which I didn't recognize. I remember someone (I want to say my mom, but not 100% sure on that) came up to me and gave me a spoon with a substance on it. I asked what it was and they said, "Butter." I replied with disgust saying, "Who would eat a spoonful of butter?" and walked away.
I walked forward through a doorway and turned left, where I saw Matt Brooks (member of the band Like a Storm), chatting with my sister. She beckoned me over, but I don't remember talking to her. Matt and I made brief eye contact, but neither of us held it and I quickly became distracted by the feeling of peanut butter in my mouth. Except the taste was butter. (I assume my brain forgot we had declined the spoonful of butter.) Without saying a word, I rushed out of the room and made a left turn down a hallway, in search of a bathroom sink to spit the mouthful of butter out. I knew instinctively where all the bathrooms were, but when I got to the first one, my photographer friend Savannah was blocking the way. We exchanged brief pleasantries, but I was still too focused on finding a bathroom to acknowledge her much. I turned around and headed for another bathroom on the right of the hall. The door was shut, implying someone in there. I headed for the staircase at the beginning of the hall, in search of an upstairs bathroom, but I recall passing a sink on the right side of the hall as I headed for the stairs. I quickly (and stealthily) as possible, spit the mouthful of butter into the sink and washed it away.
Perfect timing as I rounded the corner, still heading for the stairs, and ran into Matt again. He asked, "What was that look you gave me earlier?" and I just replied, "What look?" I couldn't tell if he was being playful or hostile, but he ran up the stairs in front of me yelling behind him, "Well, look at this!" as he mooned me the entire way up. There were people lining both sides of the stairs, cheering him on. For some reason, it felt like he was egging me on to do the same, though I don't remember him saying anything to imply that. Either way, the action made me feel embarrassed, but thankfully no one seemed to realize that I was who he'd targeted and I melted into the background with everyone else. I walked away from the stairs and slipped out the backdoor trying to escape the place while I overthought the situation that had just occurred.
It was dark out and the backyard was full of dry winter trees with dead leaves on the ground. There were people outside as well, though not near as many as had been inside, and more scattered about the yard. No one paid any mind to me as I headed for the street.
As I was walking down it, I recall there being a very strange Pokemon battle. I had a backpack on, and I can't recall it's significance, but for some reason it was an important object in the dream. There was a strange, legendary and very large Pokemon, kind of like one of the transformers. I jumped on it's back, somehow with intentions to battle it (even though I was a fraction of the size), but instead a giant Voltorb Pokemon on the back of an 18-wheeler truck showed up. (My nerdiness is showing, and I think I remember feeling nerdy and hoping no one from the party would drive by and see me at the scene.) Electricity was flowing around the Voltorb, and you could see it like lines of lightning. I decided this battle was not going to go well for me, so I somehow found a way off the Pokemon's back and walked away before anything happened.
The road beyond that was extremely dark and I remembered thinking to myself, "At least I know New Zealand." After some time, I came to an intersection with buildings and lights, and though in waking world I don't recognize it as anywhere I went in New Zealand, in dreamworld, I instinctively took a right turn as if I knew where I was going. I remember wondering to myself, "What am I going to do now?" but as I was walking, I became distracted by a shiny gold ring on the ground. I thought to myself, "No way this could be it." but I picked it up and examined it closely and declared that it was Reuben's ring (which he actually lost in the ocean about a week ago). The ring had the Lord of the Rings writing on it (which it definitely does not in real life, but that never matters in dreamland). I stored it away in a small zipped part of the backpack I was still carrying.
I continued on walking and was in a parking lot where a guy with a hose was spraying it down. I remember he was talking to me, but don't remember what was said, aside from that it seemed like he was making fun of me. Which felt further confirmed as he started spraying me with the hose. It didn't take long for me to get annoyed with it, but I kept my cool and said something to him about not being in control of his own mind. And to demonstrate it, I stuck my left arm out, causing him to spray the hose to the left of me. He denied it meaning anything, so I stuck my right out arm, which made him switch to spraying the right of me. I looked back and saw the confusion on his face, though continued to let him spray my right side as I walked away.
I recall one other thing while I was in the parking lot, and that was that there was a young boy at a building across the street. And though I was not interacting directly with him, I somehow knew his story and knew that he was trying to decide if he should turn himself into authorities or not, though I don't recall what for...
Comments
Post a Comment