I want to be dreaming...
Notes: Been talking dreams with some people in the Evennia Discord recently and I believe the conversations caught up with me.
Foods Eaten: Salad with southwest cauliflower bites, chai tea.
The Dream:
...I don't remember exactly what was happening, just that it wasn't something wildly unbelievable and I intensely did not like whatever it was. (Part of me wants to say it was something like my dog dying...). Usually my brain defaults to "this has to be a dream", but I think because of the plausibility of whatever it was, my dreaming brain said, "I want this to be a dream."
The thought did not cause anything to happen, I did not wake up, the scene did not change, and I was still stuck in the same situation. But, desperately not wanting it to be real, I continued telling myself, "I want this to be a dream," and proceeded to convince myself that it was.
Suddenly, I was shot back in time, to some average every day memory of life ten years ago. I was incredibly surprised that I had been right, it was a dream after all, but also incredibly shocked by how far back in life I was sent, as that meant I had been dreaming about years of my life, only to wake up and find out that that was just a dream. Those thoughts and the memory must've settled, as the next thing I remember was a different scene...
I then proceeded to dream that my dog was sick and I wanted to take him to the vet, but I didn't have a car. I decided I would walk, and when I got my dog's leash, he got up and decided he wanted to walk. I opened up the front door, and at the same time my neighbor (in a townhouse situation) also opened up the door and my dog launched at her (typical behavior for him). Instead of being fearful, my neighbor bent down and picked my dog up and just started hugging on him, and he responded surprisingly well. (Realistically, my dog is not people or dog friendly and the last time he met this neighbor in real life, he jumped on her and she looked terribly unpleased by it...) She ended up inviting me into her townhouse, which was somehow incredibly much more luxurious than mine, even though it occupied the same amount of exterior space. I felt envious, though did not express it, but recall thinking that I hoped that we didn't pay the same amount for such different interiors. We ended up chitchatting for a moment, despite me thinking she must be very uppity, she ended up being very nice, but I decided to leave since I was still wanting to get my dog to the vet, even though he seemed to be doing okay by this point.
As we walked, we ended up in some sort of downtown, nowhere I'm familiar with. It started storming, but I figured I'd just carry on because I really wanted to get the dog to the vet. But lightning struck too close for comfort and I got too nervous to walk, so I went to seek shelter. I found a hotel on a corner with an awning, and there was a car underneath with no one in it, but the back right-hand side door was swung wide open. I hopped into the car and decided that we were going to just wait out the storm there.
The next crash of lightning that hit in my dream woke me up, and to my surprise it wasn't actually storming outside.
Comments
Post a Comment