Chaotic Scavenger Chase
Notes: I feel like I've been having some intensely long, random dreams recently. It's kind of weird. Especially given that I'm remembering them so well.
The Dream:
I was in a large room, with numerous other unidentified people around. We were about to start some sort of game. I seemed to understand what I was doing in dream state, but now that I'm awake I have no idea what the rules or objective were - I can only assume it was akin to a scavenger hunt. I headed out of the room, which lead directly onto an outdoor cement sidewalk. It seemed like it was on a college campus. I followed the sidewalk, which lead down a slight hill into an area heavily shaded by large trees. I continued following the path, until I was lead right into a house.
I automatically knew my way around the house (though I cannot relate to it in waking world). My sister and mother were there, and acting strange. They very vaguely told me I needed to help them dispose of something. They climbed up a flight up stairs from a basement in the house, carrying a large black bag. Whatever was in the bag reeked, though I didn't question it at first. I followed them as the took the bag outside and deposited it in the back seat of a van that was parked to the side of the house at the top of a steep driveway. I got in the driver's seat, but again, smelt the reeking bag. I decided to ask what on earth was in the bag, to which my mom and sister replied casually, "It's just a chopped up body." I freaked out and told them there was no way I was driving anywhere with that, and I was not helping. They pleaded for a moment, but knowing better, I headed the opposite direction.
With my mind in a whirlwind, I started down the steep driveway. There was a waterfall to the right in the garden in front of the house. The waterfall was surrounded by uneven rocks, but not treacherous enough to not be walked on - which is exactly what I did. When I got to the bottom of the waterfall, there was a large, but shallow pond. The guitarist of Alter Bridge, Mark Tremonti, was wading in the pond and held out his hand to me. I took hold of it and we started walking through the pond together. I remember Mark talking to me, and I recall it being in a romantic manner, though I don't remember anything specific he said. Just as we were reaching the edge of the pond, Mark leaned down to kiss me, but I dodged out of the way when I saw Derek run across the street at the bottom of the driveway.
Someone was chasing after Derek, though lagging fairly far behind. The person appeared to be a blonde male, wearing a gray hoodie, and he was wielding a broken beer bottle. Concerned for Derek, I decided to pursue his pursuer. I ran behind them down an asphalt road, until it went up a slight hill and we ran into an outdoor bar at the top. Derek easily navigated through the crowd at the bar, and I ran around the opposite side to intercept his pursuer. He raised up the broken beer bottle like he was about to strike me, but then suddenly smiled and vanished, with his clothes falling in a heap to the floor. In a panic, I turned and saw Derek running out of the bar and presumably heading to safety. I then quickly scanned the surroundings for the pursuer, realizing he was seated at a table right in front of my face. I confronted him and questioned him about his disappearing act, but he said nothing and got up to resume his chase after Derek. Somehow I managed to get in front of him and back him into a corner. I questioned him again, but without a response and with the same smile as before, he vanished, with his same clothes falling back down to the floor. I bent down and went through the pile of clothes, trying to find something indicative of this person's existence. My brain attempted to go through memories of X-files episodes, trying to identify what was going on here, to no avail.
The Dream:
I was in a large room, with numerous other unidentified people around. We were about to start some sort of game. I seemed to understand what I was doing in dream state, but now that I'm awake I have no idea what the rules or objective were - I can only assume it was akin to a scavenger hunt. I headed out of the room, which lead directly onto an outdoor cement sidewalk. It seemed like it was on a college campus. I followed the sidewalk, which lead down a slight hill into an area heavily shaded by large trees. I continued following the path, until I was lead right into a house.
I automatically knew my way around the house (though I cannot relate to it in waking world). My sister and mother were there, and acting strange. They very vaguely told me I needed to help them dispose of something. They climbed up a flight up stairs from a basement in the house, carrying a large black bag. Whatever was in the bag reeked, though I didn't question it at first. I followed them as the took the bag outside and deposited it in the back seat of a van that was parked to the side of the house at the top of a steep driveway. I got in the driver's seat, but again, smelt the reeking bag. I decided to ask what on earth was in the bag, to which my mom and sister replied casually, "It's just a chopped up body." I freaked out and told them there was no way I was driving anywhere with that, and I was not helping. They pleaded for a moment, but knowing better, I headed the opposite direction.
With my mind in a whirlwind, I started down the steep driveway. There was a waterfall to the right in the garden in front of the house. The waterfall was surrounded by uneven rocks, but not treacherous enough to not be walked on - which is exactly what I did. When I got to the bottom of the waterfall, there was a large, but shallow pond. The guitarist of Alter Bridge, Mark Tremonti, was wading in the pond and held out his hand to me. I took hold of it and we started walking through the pond together. I remember Mark talking to me, and I recall it being in a romantic manner, though I don't remember anything specific he said. Just as we were reaching the edge of the pond, Mark leaned down to kiss me, but I dodged out of the way when I saw Derek run across the street at the bottom of the driveway.
Someone was chasing after Derek, though lagging fairly far behind. The person appeared to be a blonde male, wearing a gray hoodie, and he was wielding a broken beer bottle. Concerned for Derek, I decided to pursue his pursuer. I ran behind them down an asphalt road, until it went up a slight hill and we ran into an outdoor bar at the top. Derek easily navigated through the crowd at the bar, and I ran around the opposite side to intercept his pursuer. He raised up the broken beer bottle like he was about to strike me, but then suddenly smiled and vanished, with his clothes falling in a heap to the floor. In a panic, I turned and saw Derek running out of the bar and presumably heading to safety. I then quickly scanned the surroundings for the pursuer, realizing he was seated at a table right in front of my face. I confronted him and questioned him about his disappearing act, but he said nothing and got up to resume his chase after Derek. Somehow I managed to get in front of him and back him into a corner. I questioned him again, but without a response and with the same smile as before, he vanished, with his same clothes falling back down to the floor. I bent down and went through the pile of clothes, trying to find something indicative of this person's existence. My brain attempted to go through memories of X-files episodes, trying to identify what was going on here, to no avail.
Comments
Post a Comment