The Hall
The Dream:
I was standing in a hall with a guy figure that I could not see in detail, but I knew was not my fiance. Though I don't directly recall it, my brain wants to say he was "holding" me in a romantic manner. The guy gently took my hand and walked me up to an elegant bar down the hall. He took a seat at a bar stool, and I sat down next to him, noticing that his figure now looked like a real life version of the cartoon character Cyril from TV show "Archer". Though there were no other physical interactions with him, our togetherness was assumed to be a date.
My phone was now sitting on the bar counter, and it vibrating gently, signifying a text message. I opened the message, and it was from my mom. The text read, "Is his [presumably referring to the guy I was with] car at the house?" I gave the question a significant moment of though before coming to the conclusion that we had driven "his" car, so I responded with an nondescript, "No." As I set my phone back down, an African American woman walked up to me with a scolding look. She leaned in towards me so that my guy companion could not hear and demanded to know what I was doing. I informed her that Derek and I had broken up (not true in reality), and she was slightly less scolding looking than before, though clearly still disapproved of the situation. I seem to recall telling her that I would be with Derek if he wanted me, or that Derek was my preference, or some sort of statement indicating that Derek had been the one to end it with me. Despite the attempt at a hushed conversation, the other guy I was with had overheard the conversation and became mopey and standoffish, suggesting he wanted to leave.
At this point, we were no longer seated at a bar and it had seemingly been replaced instead at a dinner table. My parents were also at the table, and had heard the guy say he wanted to leave. My mom questioned how we would all get home. There seemed to be an excessive amount of chaos around the situation, but it was resolved that my dad would drive back with the guy and I would ride together with my mom. Standing up from the table, the environment changed to an upstairs hallway in a house. Someone walking down the hall with their back to me said something along the lines of, "I need to clean the shower because mushy socks are gross." Though in reality it doesn't make a bit of sense, I didn't question it and my dad agreed with the someone.
As I turned left and walked further down the hall, another unidentified someone (though my brain wants to fill in as my dad) dropped a tiny and very new born kitten in front of a door off the hallway. The door was shut and had a pile of unfolded sheets strewn in front of it. I pushed the sheets aside and opened the door just far enough for the mother cat to slink through. Though she wasn't very compassionate, as she sat directly on top of the kitten. I moved her away, and went towards the kitten, but now noticed it looked significantly older. Instead of having fresh new born fur, it was dry, and it's eyes were wide open like a young adult cat. It was a fluffy, long-hair, orange cat that quite resembled my actual cat, Cinnamon.
I guess I lost interest in the cat situation and moved down the hall, but my next memory was I was now standing in yet another room, with a basic white counter built into the wall. I saw my wallet sitting on top of it and thought to myself, "Don't forget to grab that." My mom then walked into the room and asked, "Are you wearing a ponytail?" I responded with yet another nondescript, "No." and I have no recollection of the dream after that...
I was standing in a hall with a guy figure that I could not see in detail, but I knew was not my fiance. Though I don't directly recall it, my brain wants to say he was "holding" me in a romantic manner. The guy gently took my hand and walked me up to an elegant bar down the hall. He took a seat at a bar stool, and I sat down next to him, noticing that his figure now looked like a real life version of the cartoon character Cyril from TV show "Archer". Though there were no other physical interactions with him, our togetherness was assumed to be a date.
My phone was now sitting on the bar counter, and it vibrating gently, signifying a text message. I opened the message, and it was from my mom. The text read, "Is his [presumably referring to the guy I was with] car at the house?" I gave the question a significant moment of though before coming to the conclusion that we had driven "his" car, so I responded with an nondescript, "No." As I set my phone back down, an African American woman walked up to me with a scolding look. She leaned in towards me so that my guy companion could not hear and demanded to know what I was doing. I informed her that Derek and I had broken up (not true in reality), and she was slightly less scolding looking than before, though clearly still disapproved of the situation. I seem to recall telling her that I would be with Derek if he wanted me, or that Derek was my preference, or some sort of statement indicating that Derek had been the one to end it with me. Despite the attempt at a hushed conversation, the other guy I was with had overheard the conversation and became mopey and standoffish, suggesting he wanted to leave.
At this point, we were no longer seated at a bar and it had seemingly been replaced instead at a dinner table. My parents were also at the table, and had heard the guy say he wanted to leave. My mom questioned how we would all get home. There seemed to be an excessive amount of chaos around the situation, but it was resolved that my dad would drive back with the guy and I would ride together with my mom. Standing up from the table, the environment changed to an upstairs hallway in a house. Someone walking down the hall with their back to me said something along the lines of, "I need to clean the shower because mushy socks are gross." Though in reality it doesn't make a bit of sense, I didn't question it and my dad agreed with the someone.
As I turned left and walked further down the hall, another unidentified someone (though my brain wants to fill in as my dad) dropped a tiny and very new born kitten in front of a door off the hallway. The door was shut and had a pile of unfolded sheets strewn in front of it. I pushed the sheets aside and opened the door just far enough for the mother cat to slink through. Though she wasn't very compassionate, as she sat directly on top of the kitten. I moved her away, and went towards the kitten, but now noticed it looked significantly older. Instead of having fresh new born fur, it was dry, and it's eyes were wide open like a young adult cat. It was a fluffy, long-hair, orange cat that quite resembled my actual cat, Cinnamon.
I guess I lost interest in the cat situation and moved down the hall, but my next memory was I was now standing in yet another room, with a basic white counter built into the wall. I saw my wallet sitting on top of it and thought to myself, "Don't forget to grab that." My mom then walked into the room and asked, "Are you wearing a ponytail?" I responded with yet another nondescript, "No." and I have no recollection of the dream after that...
Comments
Post a Comment