The Potluck

Notes: I mostly want to note that I watched a mini-documentary yesterday about a woman who was somewhat brutally killed by her boyfriend. She was somewhat of a hero, saving a younger girl in the process - and the video showed a photo of her post-mortem. I kept waking up last night, not because the woman was actually in my dreams, just because I would picture that exact photo in my sleep. I don't feel like she was trying to haunt me or anything, I wasn't generally scared, just genuinely disturbed and felt/feel sorry for the loss of her, despite not knowing her.

Foods eaten: Stir Fry

The Dream:
I was in a building, it felt familiar, like a work environment (in consciousness, I don't recognize the building at all). I was sitting at a round table when someone walked by and asked if I was coming to join the potluck. I must have agreed, but before leaving, I recall kneeling on the floor near a bookshelf. I want to say there were toys on the ground that I was playing with...

...Suddenly I'm in a large red pickup truck. We're driving down a winding dirt road, it was particularly distinctive as it wrapped behind a huge parking garage. I wasn't driving, I want to say my Aunt Heidi was. When we stopped and started getting out of the truck, my Grandma was standing at the rear left passenger door. Someone in the car handed her a large tray of stuff, I remember thinking that was too heavy for Grandma. She managed to keep her hands on the tray, but lost her balance, stumbling for a second, before managing to recover herself. Again, I recall thinking to myself that she was going to throw a hissy fit for that, but instead she stood up tall and proud of herself, laughing it off...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running Away with Chevelle

From School to Blood

Mushrooms to Restore Sanity