First Intentional Lucid Dream

Notes: So, my boss bought me an awesome book about Lucid Dreaming as my Christmas present. I started reading it two nights ago - I barely got into the second chapter last night - and low and behold, I already had a lucid dream. The experience is pretty fascinating, so I'll probably have to be more narrative than I usually am with my dreams.

Foods Eaten: Lemon Pepper Chicken

Dream Location: Dirt path then Richard's Bedroom

The Dream:
I am walking along a dirt path, surrounded by lots of people. Everyone is smoking cigarettes, except for me. Lining the path are lots of vendor tables set up, with people selling tshirts, lighters, cds, and other assorted random objects. I stopped to look at something on one of the tables (don't remember what I was looking at), I quickly got distracted by the two women that were running the table. One of them was normal, but the other one was pregnant, and hanging out of her belly button was a lit cigarette.

This struck me as strange, and I consciously realized I was dreaming. Once I had this realization, the dream just completely went blank - everything turned to black. In this state of conscious unconsciousness, I got sort of anxious, but near immediately recalled some advice in the book I'm reading that says to look at your hands to stabilize your dream. So... I looked at my hands. I remember having tons of thoughts about how strange it was to be aware in the realm of the unconscious, and I wasn't really sure what to do. After thinking for a few minutes, I decided to try and wake myself up.

I woke myself up, only to immediately realize I was still asleep and was just in another level of dream. I was in Richard's bedroom, laying on the bed, as expected. Except now I was also aware of what was going on OUTSIDE my dream. I forced my dream self to sit up (which, for the record, is really weird to watch when you know you're still laying down asleep in bed). I just sat there for a minute, then I could hear Richard coughing. After another minute, I could feel my side being tickled, which was bothering me, since there was nothing tickling my dream self's sides. I finally decided to try and wake up again, this time with success.

When I woke up I was laying on my right side, Richard had been running his fingers along my left side, which had been tickling me.

I am extremely thrilled to have had this experience, even though it is an extremely hard thing for the brain to process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running Away with Chevelle

From School to Blood

Disney Haunts My Boyfriend's House!