Notes: Not feeling great, took a random afternoon nap...

The Dream:
(I'm pretty sure the beginning had to do with a conversation at my boyfriend's parent's house last night... his dad wanted us to check on his sister because she hadn't replied to any texts that day.) I don't know where I was to start, but I had my phone in my hand. I just received a text from Trevor's dad asking us to check in on his sister Sandy. I had this terrible feeling in my gut, like something was really wrong, so I did a quick Facebook look up and saw people were commenting things like heart emoji's and "We'll miss you," on her profile photo. I decided I needed to go check on her.

Although I don't know how I got there, I ended up walking down a long gravel road, clearly in the middle of nowhere and surrounded by forest. I could see a small little house through the woods in the distance that resembled Sandy's house, but something got jumbled along the way. Some distance down the gravel road, I encountered a horse that belonged to my sister. I thought I should probably take the horse back to her, but it was going to have to go with me to Mom's house first (now completely forgetting Sandy). I continued walking, we passed a few mailboxes. The road intersected with another gravel road and I made a right turn. There was a well landscaped traffic circle in the road, to the left of a well landscaped front yard. I immediately recognized it as my dad's work and walked down the driveway. (I don't know where the horse got to at this point.)

The house was a crackerbox (more like Sandy's actual house than my parent's). I walked inside and hugged my mom, but she replied with an unexpected greeting of, "I think they're going to kill me." Shocked, I asked what was going on. She explained that she was renting the house and had bought something that she didn't think the owner would like. The way she described him made me assume that he was some sort of gang guy. While I was trying to figure out what to do, the front door opened and my dad walked in. I asked what he was doing there and told him what was going on and tried to figure out an escape plan, but we heard the load rip of tires on gravel going to fast outside on the driveway. I urged dad to quickly go out the front door, while I asked mom where the back door was. She and I headed that direction, but I opened the back door and there was no stoop or steps to get down about a 4 feet jump. Neither of us hesitated to make the jump, regardless. I led mom around to the corner of the house, where I saw a black SUV. I figured the person in it must've gone inside already, so I turned the corner, but it only took a few feet before I realized I had made a mistake. Three very gang looking guys were sitting up front in the SUV. The one in the middle was obviously the head honcho, dressed in gold and wearing a pair of sunglasses.

I don't recall them getting out of the car, but I remember being back in the house. The leader asked what Mom had for him today, as he was already wandering around the house taking stuff. I had found a random plastic CD stacker that had once belonged to me but wasn't getting used, so I offered it up to him in hopes to distract him. Unfortunately, it worked too well, as he then stopped to say, "I like her," with my mom standing nearby. He stood shorter than me and I was disgusted by him, especially moreso when he said, "Give me a kiss," while gripping my cheeks and pulling my face toward his. I debated what to do and held my head back for a moment thinking I should say I have a boyfriend or give a defiant response, but instead I turned my head at just the last moment and gave him only a slight peck on the cheek. He looked back and asked, "What was that?" I faked an enticing answer and said maybe there will be more later. I don't recall how it happened, but I must've put my hands on each side of his head, as if to be more realistic with my response, and somehow I ended up holding his head... completely detached from the rest of his body. I looked up and one of the other gang members he was with glared at me, but I realized it was a female and she was holding a knife. Right when I thought she was about to come at me, she turned the knife towards herself and made a cut from her heart to her belly button, falling to the floor in pain.

Still holding the head, I ran outside and tried to find a place to dispose of it. I thought at least being out in the middle of nowhere, it would take everyone a while to figure out anyone was even missing. Back inside, mom advised me to run and hide, far away.

(I'm unsure of the full bridge to get there, but I have a feeling I just tried to imagine places to go hide and this is where my brain 'teleported me.) I was now standing on a sidewalk in a busy place, maybe even New York City. An old friend, Kaz (from Redlight King), approached me from down the sidewalk and reached out for my hand. I grabbed his and he led me to an old school style RV, obviously his band bus. We went inside for a few and I don't recall what we did, I just remember that I was thinking about whether he intended this as a date or not.

Somehow we ended up at a movie theater. We were in the back row, my sister was there, and a couple other people that I don't recall who they were. The seats weren't like a typical theater, it was more a cushioned bench attached to the back wall, loaded with pillows. My legs were stretched out across it and somehow I had a fluffy red squirrel that climbed on me and curled up in one of my hoodie pockets. I was petting it and it seemed appreciative, but suddenly got too playful and popped out and climbed up my arm and across my face, accidentally scratching my left eye. I got the squirrel to settle back down, but the same incident kept repeating... (eventually I woke up and had zero idea what time it was or how long I'd been asleep).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running Away with Chevelle

From School to Blood

Mushrooms to Restore Sanity