Two Moons

Notes: Active brain last night, don't quite recall what connected where.

The Dream:
..I was in a room, sitting on a bed. Unsure who's room, but it seemed like a hotel room layout. The bed was a double and there was a second double bed to the right, and a mini-kitchen past that with counters along the far wall.

I was wearing a wedding ring, but after having a conversation with my dad, I took the ring off and threw it in a nearby trash can. It didn't seem to be a sentimental or emotional moment. At some point I ended up with another wedding ring on and Ivan Moody of Five Finger Death Punch walked in the room to tell me that the person I had just married had died. I removed the ring and threw it in the trash, as well, proclaiming that it must not have been meant to be.

--
(I woke up, shared the briefs of that dream with Trevor, then fell back asleep after he left for work.)
I was driving in a bright yellow Challenger on an interstate. It was at night and another car with relatives was following me. I think my sister may have been in the passenger seat with me. Out of curiosity, I punched the gas to test how the car drove a few times.

We weren't in the car very long before stopping. I'm not sure what the destination was, but my sister had to use the restroom. I followed her into the bathroom shortly after. The bathroom was unusual, and disgusting. There were four stalls, I picked the third farthest away from the door. I had a camera strapped around my body and my camera bag with me, and suddenly the need to pee was urgent as I was fumbling with my stuff to try and remove it/hang it on the back of the door. I gave up and sat on the toilet, only to realize the lock hadn't latched. I leaned forward trying to get the door to latch, but realized the original latch was broken and it instead had one of those sliding locks, but it was put on poorly and I couldn't get it to latch either. I gave up, figuring no one would come in this abandoned looking bathroom aside from us anyway and just held the door shut while I used the bathroom.

Only when I finished and went to reach for toilet paper did I realize there was no toilet paper holder. Just a box of tissues on the floor. And when I went to reach for the box of tissues, I realized they were all covered in blood. I was too disgusted to touch it any further and thankfully my sister was still in the bathroom. I went to yell to her to ask for toilet paper, but realized the stall side walls were only half height and I could see her head peeping over the stall directly to my left. Around that chaotic point, my mom also walked into the bathroom.

I don't recall how the bathroom situation got sorted out, but the next thing I knew, I was trying to get packed to shoot a wedding. A photographer friend from Europe, Niwy, had helped me throw all my gear together in a bag since I was in a rush and struggling to do it myself. I took an elevator down a couple levels and remember being in a hallway laying on the floor when an old coworker, David, suddenly shoved his head in my face and exclaimed, "Good to see you!" He helped me up and we shared a hug, then he pointed to the sky (we must've been on a balcony or deck area, open to the sky). I looked up and saw there were two moons next to each other in a perfectly clear blue daytime sky. I didn't ask questions, just internally processed it to be what a "lunar eclipse about to happen" looked like. Seeing the two moons next to each other made me feel sort of eerie (reminding me of the movie Melancholia), but I had to get on to the wedding so I got back in the elevator.

I went to the bottom floor, which opened up to a reception like hall. There was glitter on a hardwood floor but the room was empty until the elevator door opened up right behind me and an entire wedding party flooded the room. I thought people would start gathering for a ceremony and it took a few minutes to realize they were already ready for a reception. I found someone who showed me photos from a ceremony and I asked if the vows had already been exchanged, to which the person said yes. I began panicking, wondering how I was going to deliver photos of a wedding that I didn't have... wondering how the ceremony happened at all without someone making sure the photographer was even there...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running Away with Chevelle

From School to Blood

Mushrooms to Restore Sanity