Brutal Highway

Notes: I must have went in to REM sleep quick last night, because I woke up at 1:00am thanks to a stomach ache and remembered this whole thing. Amazingly, I still remember it the actual morning after.

Foods Eaten: Tuna Cerviche Salad

Dream Location: On a highway?

The Dream:
TJ was driving my 350z, I was in the passenger seat. We were on a highway, though not one I recognized. There weren't many cars out, and it was broad daylight. Suddenly, one of the few cars in front of us slammed on the brakes. TJ did the same, angry about the seemingly unexplained breaking - until I looked out the window and saw a severed arm laying in the middle of one of the lanes. I gasped and did a double take, while pointing it out to TJ. We both cringed, thinking about what kind of accident had to have happened for that, but tried not to stare too long, as there were no other cars fully stopped. There wasn't even police or an ambulance anywhere in sight. Continuing down the road a few miles, we were approaching a bridge. I could see lights from a cop car under it, though I couldn't see what it had pulled over. As we approached the bridge, I finally saw that there was a motorcycle with no rider on it's side in front of the cop car. And not seconds after that, I saw mangled body parts scattered throughout the highway.

By this point, I was in a bit of a panic. My stomach was turning (I ponder if this had anything to do with my stomach ache) and I was in horror. As we continued driving, there were just more and more body parts scattered everywhere, and I was still trying to think of what kind of freak accident had to have happened. I told TJ I wanted to get off the highway, pronto. We passed an exit, but it was completely blocked off. We continued passing more exits, but it was the same every time. They were all blocked, until we were finally nearing the end of the highway - but there were large blocks scattered throughout the highway, giving us no choice but to stop and leave the car there. We got out, and creeped around the area, checking out what was going on. (This part is sort of a vague memory) There were a few guys, gathered around lots of cars. Some people were still in the cars, some were empty. The guys poured a jar of oil all over the cars, then without a second thought, lit a match and were clearly about to set the entire place on fire. 

Somehow I came to the conclusion that there was going to be an explosion, and we needed to get out of there, right at that instant moment. I grabbed TJ and bolted the opposite direction, only to end up in the arms of another guy, clearly associated with the ones that had been setting cars on fire. 

I'm not sure if this is fortunate or not, but I have absolutely no recollection of what happened to get to this next point... I ended up in a house. It belonged to my family, but it wasn't the house I'm used to. Somehow I came to the discovery that the members of the band Crossfade lived in the house right next door to me. I needed them for something, but I don't recall what. Conveniently, I had their house phone number, so I called it. Someone answered, but I don't think it was any of the band members. I requested to speak to Les, the lead guitarist. They told me Les wasn't there. I asked if I could speak to Ed, the lead vocalist, in that case. The person simply told me that Ed was not there either. I politely said, "Okay, thanks anyway." and hung up. Then I did a stalker-ish thing, and looked out of one of the windows of my house into their's. I was shocked to see Les and Ed blatantly goofing off with each other in one of the upstairs rooms of their house. I was now angry at whoever had misinformed me over the phone, and stomped next door. There was a guy sprawled out on a bench on the front porch of the Crossfade house. A slutty looking girl was sitting on top of him, and he told me, "You can't go in there!" I angrily responded, "I know they're here, yes I can!" and marched straight in the front door.

I remember finding Les, but then I am blank on what happened again. Last thing I remember, was pulling out my cell phone and seeing that I had a Facebook message on it. I opened it, and it was from an old friend. I only read the summary of it that you could see in the preview window and I saw it said "My phone number is ########## (all those were actual numbers, I just don't recall what numbers precisely) if you ever want to call..."

And then I woke up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running Away with Chevelle

From School to Blood

Mushrooms to Restore Sanity