Is That Real Fur?

Notes: Glad my dream recollection seems to be quickly kicking back into gear now that I'm focusing on it again. This one really seemed to lack plot.

Foods Eaten: Taco Casserole

The Dream:
I'm standing on a paved road, headed towards a house that is built into the side of a hill. I know this house belongs to an old friend, Tana. This is all I seem to recall about this portion of the dream...

I've ended up headed down a longer paved road - it's kind of dark out and surrounded by forest. The road slopes steeply downward, and when I get to the bottom there is a large hill with a tall house built on top. Subconsciously, I know that this house belongs to my family and that we had just moved in. Again, this doesn't seem to have any further significance to the overall dream...

Now I'm in a small room, set up to hold an audience for a performance. I take a seat in a fold out chair near the back of the room. The lighting in the room dims, but a few more people come into the room and sit down next to me. There is no designated stage, but three men painted in white walk into the front and center of the room and a spotlight shines on them. My perspective zoomed in on them and they began to sing, though I don't recall what about. Two of them looked very familiar, and as they continued to sing and started sweating, some of the paint dripped off them and exposed portions of their face (oddly, I remember it mainly only wearing off around their mouths). As the performance went on, I suddenly recognized one of them men as Eddie Redmayne (stars in Les Miserables). One of the other men seemed to resemble a member of the Blue Man Group, but the whole three painted men thing may have just reminded me of the Blue Man Group on a whole. Toward the end of the performance, my friend Carlton walked in the room. He walked directly to me and sat down on the floor to my left. He was eating candy, which he offered me. The candy was sugary and colorful and I thought it was jelly beans, but then I thought that would be a weird candy for someone to have obtained at a theater. When he poured me another handful, this time it actually was skittles. I recall thinking to myself that he must have mixed the two types of candy in his box together for variety.

When the performance ended, the lights came back on. Eddie Redmayne walked towards the row I was sitting in and took a seat to the right of the person to the right of me. For some reason, I had my big thick winter coat with me, which Carlton picked up and admired. Eddie seemed to take interest in it as well and reached over to touch it, saying something along the lines of "Wow, is that real fur?" He had a thick British accent. Carlton easily made conversation with Eddie, but I didn't know what to say and I don't recall what they were saying. I was sort of fixated on Eddie (finding him to be quite attractive). He got up and walked over to me and leaned closely into my face and asked a question which I unfortunately don't remember. I do recall that I didn't understand the question, either his thick accent got in the way or he used a phrase I wasn't familiar with. Not wanting to seem like an idiot, I responded with, "No," like I knew what I he was talking about. Unfortunately, this didn't seem to be the answer he was hoping for and he made another comment that I don't remember and walked away.

Somehow I ended up outside. I had now come to the subconscious conclusion that I was at military base Camp Lejeune. There were plenty of military members wandering near by, I didn't seem to have much objective (it just occurred to me that I was probably waiting/hoping for Eddie to come out) as I leaned against a wall and just observed my surroundings. A short-ish Asian guy walked up to me and introduced himself, "Hi, my name is Max." (When I first woke up, I couldn't remember what name he said and originally was thinking Sam, but then I remembered his resemblance to "Max" in Hawaii Five-O and realized that's exactly who it was and the name he'd said.) I said, "Hi Max, nice to meet you." We shook hands, then when he made an face of anticipation I realized I forgot to tell him my name and quickly stuttered, "Oh, my name is Lizzy." He smiled, but I don't remember further conversation with him. A group of people had taken a spot next to us, as I turned a girl in the group had her phone held up and pointed at me. I realized she was taking a picture and immediately assumed it to be because of my hair. She smiled and said, "Sorry, I LOVE your hair!" I didn't have any further interaction with her or the rest of her group.

I don't remember how it started, but suddenly a bunch of guys were physically fighting with each other. My friend Jordan appeared seemingly out of nowhere (though it makes sense consciously, as he is a member of the military) and jumped between two guys trying to break them up. Me, being pretty pacifist, quickly became disgusted and decided to leave. So as to go unnoticed, I followed a concrete path that wrapped behind a building. Fortunately it lead me to the road, which I just knew which way to go on to get back to the house earlier described in the dream. On the way back, I saw a woman walking a bunch of dogs in the distance. It didn't take long for me to realize it was my mother. She had my dog with her, plus the family dog Kaz, as well as a German Shepherd puppy that I didn't know. I briefly talked to her, but I don't know what about. She continued going her way and I continued back towards the house... and don't recall anything else...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running Away with Chevelle

From School to Blood

Mushrooms to Restore Sanity