The Wormhole

Notes: I'm beginning to think I suffer from mild depersonalization disorder, and every now and then I will have one of those days or moments of symptoms. Yesterday, my drive home from work randomly spurred one of those moments. For some reason, I suddenly felt as if I had fallen asleep while driving - crashed my car - and was either now living in some alternate reality where I HADN'T crashed my car, but I was dead in some parallel universe OR I was in a coma and dreaming about what would be happening if I hadn't crashed my car. It's a weird sensation, because even though you are completely aware that you are still alive and in reality, everything has a surreal feeling to it. So when I got home, I immediately went to be (6:30pm) to sleep the feeling away.

The Dream:
I was in my living room with my boss Casey and coworker Nadia. Nadia got a phone call from a member of the band Black Stone Cherry, who she was apparently in a relationship with. She walked out my backdoor to talk to him, and the conversation seemed normal at first. As it progressed, however, you could hear her getting panicked. Somehow I had inferred that this guy was over in England, at least at the particular moment...  I took a look outside, noticing that it was pitch black and extremely windy. Casey stepped out my back door for a moment and looked around, staring up at the sky with some sense of intimidation, which I was also feeling. Around this point, you could tell something was going severely wrong with Nadia's significant other. She was now crying and screaming, looking at her phone screaming the guy's name (which I don't remember). Apparently the line had gone dead, she tried to call back and it was completely disconnected. Casey wrapped her arm around Nadia in a manner of comfort and walked her back inside.

Suddenly, the text message noise for my phone went off. I pulled it out of my pocket to find that my good friend John, who lives in California and is in the Navy, had sent me a message. I opened it to see simply a photo of him standing underneath some clouds that were in an eerie and completely unnatural glowing spiral pattern. I quickly responded to it with, "Dude, what the hell is up with the clouds?" Then I proceeded to came to the conclusion that the world was ending and that Nadia's boyfriend had been sucked into a wormhole of sorts. I also concluded that this wormhole had opened on the other side of the world first but was going to soon be consuming the rest of us.

I went back inside and all the lights were out. I, having a tendency to be freaked out by total darkness when I'm by myself, immediately went to the kitchen and turned on my overhanging lights. Casey freaked out and turned them back off, saying we'd be more "hidden" if there was no light on. I was still sure I'd be more comfortable with the lights on, so we compromised and dimmed them. You could hear the wind getting progressively louder outside.

I'm not fully sure what happened after that, aside from a lot of anticipation on when we would get sucked into the wormhole. At some point Casey went completely calm and said, "It's passed. We survived." But as soon as she said that the entire dream went black and noisy... I woke up with an extreme paranoia that there was someone else in the room with me that was going to kill me. I actually kind of flailed my arms a little bit before even opening my eyes to make sure no one was within arms reach, if nothing else... but I appear to be safe (knock on wood) and the world does not appear to have ended (knock on wood). I was left with that strange uncomfortable feeling that bad dreams sometimes leave us with, however...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running Away with Chevelle

From School to Blood

Mushrooms to Restore Sanity