Childhood Imagination
Notes: Whoa. I didn't immediately remember this dream when I woke up, but it after recalling it it was kind of like meeting my inner child or something.
The Dream:
I was standing in the hallway of the basement of the house I grew up in/lived in for the vast majority of my life thus far. I was facing the room that had been my mom's office, and I walked into it. The room was arranged exactly as it had been when I lived there, down to the ratty old blue couch against the left wall. There were no lights on, but the computer on my mom's desk was emitting a soft glow making the room vaguely visible. I don't actually remember anyone else being in the basement with me, but I heard one of my family members say in a hushed panicked voice, "Hide! There is someone in the house!" Instinctively, I went to the closet that was in my mom's office. I quietly shut the door, but not quite all the way. As soon as I got in the closet I realized that I had picked the most obvious hiding spot I possibly could have if someone really was out to get me. I braced myself tightly against one of the walls, trying to make myself thin enough to be hidden behind the door frame, should anyone open it and just do a quick glance over...
I was strangely calm as the door, somewhat expectantly, opened. Instead of someone out to get me though, it was a young girl - probably around age 7. She had long blonde hair, and seemed to be kind of glowing, but I don't remember anything else about her physical appearance. She said something to me, but I'm not sure what it was. It lead to me expressing my desire to still have the imagination and creativity that children have. She reached her hand out to me and told me to follow her. Naturally, I held her hand, and she lead me out of the closet and out of my mom's office, back to the hallways I started in. I followed her down the hallway, which lead to a familiar and correctly placed set of stairs, but also a room that never actually existed in the house. We walked into the room, which was medium sized, and had a large bed in the middle of it. There were two end tables on each side, a lamp placed on each, but only the one to the right of the bed was on. The three furniture items filled up the entire width of the room.
The girl hopped gracefully on top of the bed and sprawled out on one side. I was still standing at the entrance of the room, but she patted the bed in a notion for me to come lay down. I obeyed, and we stared at the ceiling for a moment in silence. She told me to hold her hand and sleep, and that I would then have a lucid dream. Again, I obeyed, and shut my eyes to sleep. Instead, however, I went into the semi-conscious half-asleep state I sometimes actually experience when going to bed. I was not sure whether I was asleep or not, and wondering if I would easily be able to open my eyes and be snapped into full consciousness, or if I was actually sleeping already. I must have allowed myself to fully "fall asleep" in the dream, as the above is what I remember when I later woke up...
The Dream:
I was standing in the hallway of the basement of the house I grew up in/lived in for the vast majority of my life thus far. I was facing the room that had been my mom's office, and I walked into it. The room was arranged exactly as it had been when I lived there, down to the ratty old blue couch against the left wall. There were no lights on, but the computer on my mom's desk was emitting a soft glow making the room vaguely visible. I don't actually remember anyone else being in the basement with me, but I heard one of my family members say in a hushed panicked voice, "Hide! There is someone in the house!" Instinctively, I went to the closet that was in my mom's office. I quietly shut the door, but not quite all the way. As soon as I got in the closet I realized that I had picked the most obvious hiding spot I possibly could have if someone really was out to get me. I braced myself tightly against one of the walls, trying to make myself thin enough to be hidden behind the door frame, should anyone open it and just do a quick glance over...
I was strangely calm as the door, somewhat expectantly, opened. Instead of someone out to get me though, it was a young girl - probably around age 7. She had long blonde hair, and seemed to be kind of glowing, but I don't remember anything else about her physical appearance. She said something to me, but I'm not sure what it was. It lead to me expressing my desire to still have the imagination and creativity that children have. She reached her hand out to me and told me to follow her. Naturally, I held her hand, and she lead me out of the closet and out of my mom's office, back to the hallways I started in. I followed her down the hallway, which lead to a familiar and correctly placed set of stairs, but also a room that never actually existed in the house. We walked into the room, which was medium sized, and had a large bed in the middle of it. There were two end tables on each side, a lamp placed on each, but only the one to the right of the bed was on. The three furniture items filled up the entire width of the room.
The girl hopped gracefully on top of the bed and sprawled out on one side. I was still standing at the entrance of the room, but she patted the bed in a notion for me to come lay down. I obeyed, and we stared at the ceiling for a moment in silence. She told me to hold her hand and sleep, and that I would then have a lucid dream. Again, I obeyed, and shut my eyes to sleep. Instead, however, I went into the semi-conscious half-asleep state I sometimes actually experience when going to bed. I was not sure whether I was asleep or not, and wondering if I would easily be able to open my eyes and be snapped into full consciousness, or if I was actually sleeping already. I must have allowed myself to fully "fall asleep" in the dream, as the above is what I remember when I later woke up...
Comments
Post a Comment