The Elaborate Staircase

Notes: I quite literally JUST woke up from this. I kept some odd sleeping hours yesterday/last night. More on that later.

Foods Eaten: Uhh, I had some mixed nuts about 30 minutes before this nap.

The Dream:
I was walking around what appeared to be a large and pretty upscale hotel lobby. The entire interior was a deep sapphire blue color, and there was an elegant spiral staircase in the middle. I recall walking up the stairs and ending, then walking back down them and through the lobby again with my parents. Except this time someone called my name out from the stairwell. Looking up, a male, a familiar face that I can't seem to put a name to, made eye contact with me. He appeared to take off running down the stairs toward me, while I made my way back to the stairs to run up them to him. We must have missed each other and I got distracted by something else, as I ended up in a sort of break room type area. The left wall had a microwave and small fridge with a nice looking brown counter space. There were wooden cabinets above it. Opening one of the cabinets, there was a "fold-out" pantry (it appeared like a mini loaf of french bread in a cubby hole, but you could grab it and unfold it into full size shelves, which had food on them). Anyway, suddenly the familiar-unidentified male from before resurfaced, and promptly passed out on the counter. I swear my mom picked him up and carried him over to a booth, but by that point it was as if my mother was the one who had passed out and they had reversed roles... My dad quickly appeared, sort of in a panic about my (now) mother being passed out. I had already somehow come upon some crushed ice, which I was now "feeding" her as she came back to consciousness. I think my dad suggested to get her some water as well...

I ended up once a getting focusing my attention elsewhere and somehow ended up back on the staircase, but this time I was somewhere near the top floor of it and was now descending it. I had run into some friends from college - Daniel, Jeff and Amanda. I'm fairly certain I was following them around to take photos of or for them, but I once again got distracted about halfway down the stairs and ended up back in either the same, or a very similar break room. This time I pulled a salad out of the mini fridge, then returned to the staircase and ascended it. As I was climbing up, I noticed I was following my cousin Rachel. We reached the top of the staircase, which was very elaborately topped off. Rather than coming to an end floor, it sort of looped around itself with various dips and raises. As I was walking down one of the dips, I realized there was no railing to the left. I side stepped and looked down to see a gap I could fall straight through, though somehow I managed not to. Rachel was making idle conversation that I had been paying less attention to, but she sat down on a ledge off the stairs that also had no railing. She was dangling her legs off the edge of it, and I looked down to realize we were probably 20 stories off the ground. Falling would mean death... but I was scared, either... I presume I sat down with her and we both ate, but I don't really recall actually doing that, it was more of an implied action. My next memory was back on ground level in a cafeteria area. Rachel's son, Jaxon, was throwing food around before getting out of his chair and fleeing the scene. Rachel made a comment that stood out to me, but I now can't remember anything more than laughing about it...

Then I abruptly woke up...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running Away with Chevelle

From School to Blood

Mushrooms to Restore Sanity