The Loose Tooth
Notes: After previous dream, and before waking up, I had this one. And don't read if you have a fear of losing teeth. Or don't like gross things. Even writing this grossed me out a little bit.
Foods Eaten: Pretzels dipped in aforementioned cream cheese buffalo crab dip.
The Dream:
(Previous dream was me waking up from a dream...) I fell back "asleep", in the same single bed in my old bedroom at the house I grew up in. I again, went into the state of half awake, half asleep. As I gained some level of consciousness, I felt some strangeness in my bottom left canine tooth. I pushed my tongue against it, only to realize the tooth was loose. Of course, this caused considerable raise for concern, and I got up to go find my mom so she could take me to a dentist. Even though I don't recall being able to justify what time of day it was, I "just knew" it was in the middle of the night, and chances of a dentist being open were low. As I talked to my mom, I became more focused on the loose tooth, continuing to run my tongue along it. The tooth got more loose the more I fidgeted with it. I recall pondering if I was dreaming, and trying to wake myself up to no avail. Convincing myself that I was actually awake, I really began to freak out about my tooth. My mom was sitting at a desk in the middle of the room (which, I cannot identify in my waking state). There was a wired phone on the desk, and she finally picked it up and proceeded to call an emergency dentist.
(Consider yourselves warned, this part is a little disgusting.)
While my mom was on the phone, I was sitting on the floor. I guess I pushed my tongue against the tooth one too many times and it popped (root and all) right out of the socket. The tooth was stuck in my mouth, only attached by a literal "thread" of gum. Now I went into a serious panic, bawling hysterically. I tried to talk to my mom to tell her to hurry up, but my words came out as nothing more than slobbery gibberish (presumably attributed to the now missing tooth). I flailed my arms at my mom, who finally got off the phone and paid attention to me. She walked over to me and knelt down on the ground in front of me. She took my head in her hands and tilted it back, I had my mouth open so she could look at the tooth. I knew she was preparing to do something, and she told me something along the lines of, "Don't gag." or "Don't barf." Then, proceeded to grab a handful of her hair, which was somehow implied to be drenched in sweat, then wrung it out into my mouth and over the gap in my gum from the tooth. She then grabbed the tooth and ripped it out of my mouth, severing it from the last strand of gum it had been attached to. I was still crying.
Finally, we got up to leave. We were headed down a flight of stairs and I suddenly wondered which hospital or dentist my mom had found for me to go to and what the directions were. This wondering caused me to look around and realize I had no idea where I was to begin with, and the realization jolted me awake rather into lucidness.
Comments
Post a Comment