Dam of People
Notes: Is it possible to be allergic to cereal? I get EXTREMELY tired after eating it in the morning, when I was otherwise fine. Had to go take a nap and I was only awake for an hour!
Foods Eaten: Cereal
The Dream:
I was at Trevor's work building, in the cafeteria area. One of the employees gave me a little white wicker basket wrapped in plastic and full of stuff, as if it was a welcoming gift. A small, clear jar of a thick liquid that looked kind of like cotton candy caught my eye and I pulled it from the basket. I turned it upside down, watching how the liquid moved, trying to figure out what it was. It almost looked edible but it also looked kind of like soap. I held it up to another employee and asked, "What is this?" The person just smiled in response. Although I wanted to eat it, my lack of knowing what it was stopped me.
I walked from the kitchen to the bathrooms. An older woman held the door open for me to let me in and as I walked down the bathroom hall, I thought she should get in line before me since technically she was there first. I looked back and instead another younger girl was walking down the hall behind me and the older woman was still holding the door for people. I decided to just go ahead instead of holding up everyone else now in the line. The only stall available was the big handicap one, the toilet inside was unflushed, but I went in anyway. Trying to close the stall door turned out to be a challenge as the door would not stay closed and was much taller than me. It reached the floor, so I could not put my hand underneath it to hold it still while trying to lock it. Instead, I jumped and grabbed hold of the top of the door with the index finger of my right hand. I somehow managed to generate enough force to get the door to swing in, locking my foot around the left part of the door frame to keep it closed while I tried to lock the thing with my left hand. I finally got the switch to shift from "vacant" to "occupied". I realized I was wearing a long winter coat that I needed to remove first. I hung it on the coat hanger on the door then finally proceeded on.
I somehow then ended up on what seemed like a sandy beach. There was one small (think kid sized) waterslide, full of yellow liquid which I assumed to be pee. The liquid was stagnant and no new water appeared to be flowing. I was with someone close to me, a female, maybe my mother, and she wanted to go down the slide. She was standing on the top of it, legs straddling each side of the slide. I was looking for a way to get water flowing to it when I found an "off/on" switch. I flipped it to on and water burst out of it at such a high speed it knocked the woman friend off the slide. Then the area around us started flooding with water. A tsunami sized wave was heading toward us, luckily I suddenly had my hands on a surfboard. The crest of the wave was to the right of where we were, and I jogged up the beach to get a better look at it before deciding we needed to get out of the way. I jogged back and grabbed the other person, and instead of running away, we ran into the water. As we swam out further, there were lots of people floating on their backs, appearing to sunbathe. The other person was now definitely my mother and in her non-understanding tone of voice she asked, "How can that be relaxing?" None of the others acknowledged her question, and we kept swimming. The water became more and more cluttered with people - how you'd imagine the wave pool at a water park. Suddenly we hit a wall. A wall of people. Linked so tightly together they were acting as a dam in the middle of this body of water. I was more annoyed than impressed, I just wanted to get back to real land. I was about to climb over people when I realized others were gathering in the dry spot right in front of the people dam. I turned around and realized there was a door that small groups of people were being let through. I walked through the door and down a short, wood panelled hallway. Everyone seemed to go separate ways, I ended up alone in a room that the only thing I took notice of was photo albums on the floor. They were the ones my mom created for our family that were in the house as I was growing up. I looked through a few pages of them, appreciating seeing her handwriting.
As I walked out of the room, the view turned more into a 3rd person perspective than 1st person. I saw myself as the 5 year old version of me, with short blonde hair, a cupcake dress my mom had surely put me in and carrying my pink and blue blanky. I said something, as if in a defiant response to someone or maybe to the photo albums, but I don't remember what I said...
Foods Eaten: Cereal
The Dream:
I was at Trevor's work building, in the cafeteria area. One of the employees gave me a little white wicker basket wrapped in plastic and full of stuff, as if it was a welcoming gift. A small, clear jar of a thick liquid that looked kind of like cotton candy caught my eye and I pulled it from the basket. I turned it upside down, watching how the liquid moved, trying to figure out what it was. It almost looked edible but it also looked kind of like soap. I held it up to another employee and asked, "What is this?" The person just smiled in response. Although I wanted to eat it, my lack of knowing what it was stopped me.
I walked from the kitchen to the bathrooms. An older woman held the door open for me to let me in and as I walked down the bathroom hall, I thought she should get in line before me since technically she was there first. I looked back and instead another younger girl was walking down the hall behind me and the older woman was still holding the door for people. I decided to just go ahead instead of holding up everyone else now in the line. The only stall available was the big handicap one, the toilet inside was unflushed, but I went in anyway. Trying to close the stall door turned out to be a challenge as the door would not stay closed and was much taller than me. It reached the floor, so I could not put my hand underneath it to hold it still while trying to lock it. Instead, I jumped and grabbed hold of the top of the door with the index finger of my right hand. I somehow managed to generate enough force to get the door to swing in, locking my foot around the left part of the door frame to keep it closed while I tried to lock the thing with my left hand. I finally got the switch to shift from "vacant" to "occupied". I realized I was wearing a long winter coat that I needed to remove first. I hung it on the coat hanger on the door then finally proceeded on.
I somehow then ended up on what seemed like a sandy beach. There was one small (think kid sized) waterslide, full of yellow liquid which I assumed to be pee. The liquid was stagnant and no new water appeared to be flowing. I was with someone close to me, a female, maybe my mother, and she wanted to go down the slide. She was standing on the top of it, legs straddling each side of the slide. I was looking for a way to get water flowing to it when I found an "off/on" switch. I flipped it to on and water burst out of it at such a high speed it knocked the woman friend off the slide. Then the area around us started flooding with water. A tsunami sized wave was heading toward us, luckily I suddenly had my hands on a surfboard. The crest of the wave was to the right of where we were, and I jogged up the beach to get a better look at it before deciding we needed to get out of the way. I jogged back and grabbed the other person, and instead of running away, we ran into the water. As we swam out further, there were lots of people floating on their backs, appearing to sunbathe. The other person was now definitely my mother and in her non-understanding tone of voice she asked, "How can that be relaxing?" None of the others acknowledged her question, and we kept swimming. The water became more and more cluttered with people - how you'd imagine the wave pool at a water park. Suddenly we hit a wall. A wall of people. Linked so tightly together they were acting as a dam in the middle of this body of water. I was more annoyed than impressed, I just wanted to get back to real land. I was about to climb over people when I realized others were gathering in the dry spot right in front of the people dam. I turned around and realized there was a door that small groups of people were being let through. I walked through the door and down a short, wood panelled hallway. Everyone seemed to go separate ways, I ended up alone in a room that the only thing I took notice of was photo albums on the floor. They were the ones my mom created for our family that were in the house as I was growing up. I looked through a few pages of them, appreciating seeing her handwriting.
As I walked out of the room, the view turned more into a 3rd person perspective than 1st person. I saw myself as the 5 year old version of me, with short blonde hair, a cupcake dress my mom had surely put me in and carrying my pink and blue blanky. I said something, as if in a defiant response to someone or maybe to the photo albums, but I don't remember what I said...
Comments
Post a Comment