Cliff Lake

Foods Eaten: Apparently Mint Cookies & Cream Milkshakes make for some impressive dreams.

The Dream:
There's a lot I seem to remember, and a lot I don't seem to remember, and some parts that are out of order or I don't know if they were connected to the same dream or if they were completely different. I'm starting at what I think came first, and would make sense in logical world.

Trevor and I were in my car. He was driving and I was trying to use my phone as GPS and relay the directions to him. The GPS image had done that thing where it flips you around before it knows what direction you're really headed, and because of that I told him to turn the wrong way. I didn't immediately realize my mistake until we were a mile down the road and I said, "I think we went the wrong way." Trevor made an annoyed sound and gave me a frustrated look to go with it, but I told him to just keep going. He argued with me for a minute, but I urged to just go the new route. He complained it would take longer. I took the time to look up routes and told him it would only take 3 minutes longer than the original route. This got him to quiet down.

We ended up at a gas station. I believe we were going on a long road trip, maybe to New York. (I also seem to remember the green plastic box that appears later in this dream being in the trunk of the car.)

There was a gap in my memory here, I don't remember anymore of the road trip. I remember Trevor actually leaving to go to work this morning and I woke up and told him that I was dreaming that we were in a hotel and I was confused when I first woke up because our room was obviously not the same layout of the hotel. I do remember the hotel having a hallway/walking space to the bathroom on the right side of the bed, and in my actual house the walkway to the bathroom is on the left of the bed... I have no other context or memory of the hotel in the dream or what was going on there.)

(This could have been an entirely separate dream or just a continuation after I fell back asleep...) I was sitting in what seemed like the outdoor, front welcome center portion of a hotel. I don't know how the conversation picked up, but I was casually talking to Pete Loeffler, the vocalist of Chevelle. A group of younger girls came up to him to ask if they could get a photo with him. He shot me a semi-annoyed look and I said something along the lines of, "I forget you're famous," with a teasing wink. When the group when to post for the photo, they stood to my left. To block me out from photobombing, they stood close together, and uncomfortably close to me. I went to move my head and realized one of their butts was directly in my face. After the photo, the girls were giggling and showing each other the picture as they moved along. Pete also collected his things and went along his way. I watched him meander up a paved road that climbed a steep hill or mountain to the right of where I was sitting.

I must have followed Pete, as I was now walking along a rocky path. To my right, there was an absolutely picture perfect, clear blue, body of water, with cliff ledges around it. I was now in a group of people that I didn't know, but we had followed a path to one of the cliff ledges. It wasn't very high off the water, low enough that you could dive in and there was a nearby path to walk back up to the group. I looked along the cliff ledge and saw Pete sitting pretty far down one of them, likely to get away from the crowd. I made my way over to him.

Apparently, I already had my bathing suit on and was debating getting in the water. I recall asking someone (may have even been Pete) if the water was cold and they said it was comfortable. I was still considering it when I saw three stingrays swimming below the ledge I was sitting on. I was in the water before I knew it, somehow with a mask and snorkel. The mask and snorkel were giving me trouble, the mask had fogged up immediately and I couldn't see, and my breathing was strained and off pace through the snorkel. By the time I had gotten it sorted out, the stingrays had swam away. Luckily, they seemed to be frequent passersby, as another bunch of them were swimming toward me. I noticed a longer, more fish-like body in the lead, and concluded it was a shark. It wasn't very ominous looking and didn't scare me, though I paid close attention to try and see if it opened it's mouth and how deathly it's teeth looked. The cluster of rays and sharks swam below me, paying no mind to me. I tried to follow them briefly, but was distracted by a sudden stinging on my arm.

I surfaced under the cliff ledge where Pete had been sitting and took a look at my arm, realizing there was a tiny shark latched on to me. It was no more than the length of my thumb, I tried to gently pet it to calm it down, but instead it bit harder. I pulled carefully at it's little body, trying to get it to unlatch. Finally his top teeth popped out of my skin, quickly followed by his bottom teeth, and I tossed him back in the water. My skin had been pierced and a few droplets of blood were trickling out. I recall wonder what type of body of water we were in, whether it was a large lake or if it was an ocean, but I decided if it had sharks in it, it must be an ocean, and I probably shouldn't get back in the water while bleeding.

I climbed back up the ledges to the group, in search of something to hold on my wound to stop the bleeding.

(This part may be out of order, I don't remember the exact dream sequence...) As I was making my way along the ledges back to the main group of people, I encountered an older man sitting on one of them. I sat next to him to look at the water. I went to put my arm behind me to balance my weight while sitting, but when I leaned on it, it went straight through the object I'd placed it on. It turned out to be a wooden post that had hallowed, and I immediately felt a familiar, disgusting substance: spider web. I quickly pulled my hand away. The web remnants covered my hand so thickly that you could see it, and I began wiping them on the cliff. I looked back in the hollowed post and saw that a poor frog was stuck in the web, but unfortunately, was not brave enough to stick my hand back in there. I looked where I was wiping my hand and saw there was another spider. It was large, but not moving at all, so I questioned if it was real for a moment. I even managed to go so far as to gently poke it, at which point one of its legs twitched, so I knew it was living. I asked the elder man to swipe it off the ledge for me, and he obliged. I then continued on my way back to the rest of the group.

When I got to the main ledge, I found a large green plastic box (the kind most people use for storage stuff), that I went searching through as it was full of random stuff. I don't think I found anything, but instead began packing stuff into it - a container of a dozen eggs, a box of crackers, black towels, the snorkel I'd been using. I don't recall anyone saying we were leaving, but that was clearly the implication. I clearly wasn't ready to leave and left my bathing suit on, thinking I could get back in the water for a quick dip before everyone actually left. That didn't happen though.

Next thing I recall was being in an airport. I was still carrying the green plastic box with me and somehow ended up in conversation with an Asian woman. I told her I was trying to find a pool to swim in. She offered me her bathing suit, but I said I still had mine on. Some friends beside her took the opportunity to poke her belly and say she just had a baby. She stood up and bounced the remaining, expanded bit of her belly, as if to show it off. I seem to recall congratulating her out of politeness, but went on my way after that.

A security checkpoint person in the airport was nearby. I pulled my green box off to the side to dig out my passport and credentials for her... dream memory fuzzed out here.

I have a later memory of a strange woman, dressed like a stereotypical fortune teller gypsy, with long scraggly hair and wispy, tattered dress. We seemed to be bowling, but I don't recall typical lanes, I recall bowling balls being passed around in circles. I specifically remember an orange bowling ball, it was vibrant, neon orange, and part of it was hollowed out with crystalized insides, like a geode. The insides were glowing. The fortune teller was holding onto the bowling ball and somehow relating it to being like a pregnant belly... (that's all I remember of that part.)

Comments