Bring Me The Horizon and corey_x

Notes: More from an active night of dreaming, and no surprise... another band involved.

Foods Eaten: Taco Salad

The Dream:
I arrived at a concert venue I'd never been to before to see/photograph Bring Me The Horizon. It seemed like an upscale theater, there was a main level, but credential pick up and entry for photographers was on a lower level. The box office was surrounded by glass windows. I don't remember actually asking for my credentials, but I remember walking down a hallway with more glass windows and opening up a white envelope that had my photo pass inside.

The hallway led straight into the photo pit in front of the stage. It was a massive pit, too. The floor was a light hardwood and there was even a small barricaded pathway through the center of the crowd to the soundboard like there would be at a large festival. I dropped my camera bag under a barricade to the right of center and went to pacing around the photo pit as I usually do before a show starts. Eventually, one other photographer showed up, and it seemed to be my friend Garrett.

Garrett and I exchanged greetings and I even joked with him about a status he'd put on Facebook the night before (true story - he'd posted a Keanu Reeves type of meme and all of his friends were adding extra hilarity to it). After that though, he turned into someone else and for some reason my brain completely disregarded that he was at one point someone I knew. I asked the now unfamiliar photographer if we were the only two shooting the show and he shrugged and said he guessed so. The show started shortly thereafter and it did appear we were the only two approved.

It wasn't until I started shooting that I realized the stage in the venue was extremely low to the ground, making photographers nearly eye level with the performers (always a weird experience). At one point, one of the guitarists knelt down at the far right of the stage. I was positioned at the center of the stage shooting the vocalist, and from my perspective, the guitarist's back was to me. I ran to the right side of the photo pit so I could get a front-facing photo of the kneeling guitarist. His eyes were closed while he was intensely into playing, and when he finally opened them up he jumped back, surprised by my sudden appearance right in front of them. I started laughing a little bit at the response and he grinned at me from stage and said, "I wasn't expecting you to be there!" Somehow he was only talking at regular voice level, but I managed to hear him over the crowd and band playing anyway. Another band member had seen the exchange and came over, also joking with me from the stage.

Eventually, my attention turned back to shooting and I was focused on a young girl on stage. She must have only been around age 12 and was clearly a member of the band (though definitely not a member in waking land). Her instrument was odd - she was holding it like a clarinet, but it was most certainly shaped like a fish. I was fixated on the uniqueness of it, capturing lots of shots of her, when it suddenly dawned on me that we must be in the third song (which is when photographers have to leave the photo pit). I looked up to watch the other photographer leaving the photo pit right as the thought went through my head. I knew the third song wasn't over, but there was a pretty blatant pause in the song at the moment so I wondered if photographers were meant to leave then. I assumed he must know better than I, so I followed his leave and left the photo pit even though there was no security telling me to do so.

I walked back down the glass hallway that I had originally come through in, and watched the photographer turn off into a side room. I followed him again and it opened up into a larger little area that was open to the rest of the venue, but blocked off by a half-wall so photographers could safely store their equipment there. A bunch of other photographers were in the area packing up their gear, even though they hadn't been in the photo pit. As soon as I entered the area I panicked, realizing I had completely forgotten my camera bag and left it sitting under the barricade in the photo pit. I started to rush back that way, but stopped when I looked down and realized my bag was sitting on the floor. I said aloud, "Thanks to whoever brought my bag back." No one seemed to respond.

Most of the other photographers started to leave after packing their equipment up, but the one I had been talking to in the photo pit stayed in the area. I asked if he had gotten a ticket with his photo pass and he said yes, then proceeded to show me a nice email exchange from Bring Me The Horizon's management that was thanking him for all the work he had done with the bands they repped. I recalled my credential envelop and noted that there had not been a ticket included with my pass, but no one seemed to be kicked us out of the area, so I went to stand against the half-wall to get a better view of the stage.

For some reason, Bring Me The Horizon kept taking extremely long breaks between every song. The band would play a song, then leave stage for five minutes. Part of me suspected they were waiting/hoping for the crowd to get rowdy and start screaming and stomping for the band to come back, but that never happened. The crowd was almost annoyingly quiet. At some point during one of the pauses, the other photographer got pretty close to me, to the point that we were touching. He pulled up his phone and opened Instagram and was showing me some of his shots. I noted his username was "corey_x," and assumed from that point on that his name must have been Corey. He and I continued to chat, and there was clearly some sort of chemistry. When the band came back on stage, Corey nudged up even closer to my side, lightly kissing my neck and wrapping one of his legs around mine.

We were suddenly interrupted by two other photographers walking into the area. I knew the two of them, and intuition wants to say it was Jake and Bryan, though I could be completely wrong. Corey and I immediately pulled apart and acted like nothing was happening, and the other two guys didn't seem to notice or question anything, they just jokingly said, "You two behave." then left the area again... either the dream faded out or I woke up around here, as I can't recall anything else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running Away with Chevelle

From School to Blood

Disney Haunts My Boyfriend's House!