The Storm
Notes: After just two hours of sleep, I was rudely woken up by the sound of a glass falling over in the kitchen. Trevor was already at work, so I was immediately freaked out that someone else was in the house, but my dog was on the bed with me and looked just as confused by the noise. If there was a person in the house, he would've been barking incessantly, so I didn't worry about it and went back to sleep after recalling the equally annoying dream that I'd been woken up from.
Foods Eaten: Taco Salad
The Dream:
Trevor were in a house that more closely resembled the house I grew up in rather than the one we currently live in. It was storming wickedly, with frequent flashes of lightning and cracks of thunder shortly following (I wondered if it was actually storming while this dream was going on... it is storm season in Florida and has been doing daily lately). The wind was also whipping around, to the point that it caused a tree to fall. The tree fell on the roof of the house and came partially crashing through to the room we were standing in. I was horrified, immediately trying to figure out what to do about the rain that was now pouring in through the hole.
More trees continued to fall, and in odd ways so that they were poking holes through the walls, and one even poked a hole straight through a glass window. After the storm passed, I remember being in a fairly panicked mindset, thinking about whether insurance would cover all the damage or not and not wanting to have to tell my day job that I probably wouldn't be able to work for a couple days because of the damage. I remember noting that power was still on in the house, though it didn't seem odd, despite how many trees were down.
we walked around trying to access all the damage and found another tree had fallen outside directly on an above ground pool (that we never actually had). The tree caused the walls of the pool to bend and all the water was draining out and flooding the backyard. For some reason, my dad and two other people were in the half empty pool trying to swim around, and I had grabbed a normal sized bucket and was trying to scoop water out of the backyard to fill the pool back up with...
Foods Eaten: Taco Salad
The Dream:
Trevor were in a house that more closely resembled the house I grew up in rather than the one we currently live in. It was storming wickedly, with frequent flashes of lightning and cracks of thunder shortly following (I wondered if it was actually storming while this dream was going on... it is storm season in Florida and has been doing daily lately). The wind was also whipping around, to the point that it caused a tree to fall. The tree fell on the roof of the house and came partially crashing through to the room we were standing in. I was horrified, immediately trying to figure out what to do about the rain that was now pouring in through the hole.
More trees continued to fall, and in odd ways so that they were poking holes through the walls, and one even poked a hole straight through a glass window. After the storm passed, I remember being in a fairly panicked mindset, thinking about whether insurance would cover all the damage or not and not wanting to have to tell my day job that I probably wouldn't be able to work for a couple days because of the damage. I remember noting that power was still on in the house, though it didn't seem odd, despite how many trees were down.
we walked around trying to access all the damage and found another tree had fallen outside directly on an above ground pool (that we never actually had). The tree caused the walls of the pool to bend and all the water was draining out and flooding the backyard. For some reason, my dad and two other people were in the half empty pool trying to swim around, and I had grabbed a normal sized bucket and was trying to scoop water out of the backyard to fill the pool back up with...
Comments
Post a Comment