Time, Stove, and Phone

Notes: I'm almost certain this dream tried to get me to go lucid twice - first with the noticing of the clocks and secondly with falling asleep while food was cooking. Damnit brain, why didn't you catch on?

Foods Eaten: Taco salad

The Dream:
I was in a car, I cannot remember whether I was the driver or a passenger. I was at a T-intersection with a stop light and there was a house on the right. The house looked fairly old and entirely symmetrical, with a partial concrete gate at the front and a paved (but not well taken care of) sidewalk leading up to it. I remember thinking the house must be divided, like a duplex, and for some reason I knew it was an AirBnB.

Although I don't recall thinking about the house being a place where I was supposed to stay and I don't remember pulling into it, I eventually ended up inside of it. It was two stories, with a "floating" staircase. There was a bedroom on the lower floor that I went in and noticed a shelf with a digital alarm clock on it. For some reason, either the clock wasn't displaying the time or it wasn't plugged in, but I did take note of it and wondered what time it actually was. I specifically remember having intentions to go find another clock (like a wall clock) elsewhere in the house to check the time, but likely got distracted by other things and never did find another clock to confirm the time.

Trevor ended up in the house with me, but for some reason he took on more of the form of my ex, Derek. (Not sure whether it was a physical manifestation or personality, maybe even both, but somehow I knew it was still Trevor.) Although the house was quite large, we opted to put our luggage in a bedroom that also had a small kitchen built into it. Trevor was drunk (I don't remember him drinking), and wanted food, so he started cooking at the old stove in the bedroom. While the food was still cooking on the stove, he went to sit on the bed. I sat next to him, but he quickly leaned back on a pillow and fell asleep. I must have done the same, as I freaked out and snapped to 'consciousness', jumping out of the bed to check on the food, afraid we had fallen asleep with the stove on. The stove WAS still on, but the food wasn't burnt and nothing was on fire, so I assumed I must have only closed my eyes for a second. I promptly turned the stove off, although I didn't return to the bed.

The only other thing I remember about being in the house was climbing the floating staircase. There was a sort of balcony so you could overlook the bottom floor, but I don't remember going in any rooms on the second level and I don't recall why I walked up the stairs.

The next thing I remember was being in a car with someone else. I was definitely in the passenger seat this time and the driver was a male with blonde hair, though I don't remember associating a name with him. I remember his driving was a bit chaotic and I questioned if he was drunk, but thankfully we made it to a destination in one piece. The place we ended up seemed to be like a cafe with mostly outdoor seating. I went to sit at a rectangular metal table with an umbrella when a guy and a girl frantically approached me asking if I could help. I asked what the problem was and the guy said he really needed to change his password on Facebook. For some reason, I was thinking that meant he needed to be at a real computer to do that, so I offered to drive them to "the house," which was apparently only five minutes away. They both looked at me in confusion and the guy said, "Can I just borrow your phone?" It dawned on me that this was probably the smarter and easier way to go about it and wondered why I didn't think of that idea. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, opened Facebook and made sure to log myself out before handing my phone to him. I stood close to him and kept a close eye on him (not wanting him to run off with my phone) while he logged in with his own account and went through the motions to change his password. Once he finished up, he logged out and returned my phone and said, "All set!"

I'm almost certain I ended up at another house or location, but I can't recall anymore of the dream...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running Away with Chevelle

From School to Blood

Mushrooms to Restore Sanity