Beyond Mindfuck

Notes: I have NO idea what provoked this dream. I cannot begin to express how badly it fucked with me - and as far as I know, it is only the second lucid dream I have ever had. If you can call it that. I'm going to try and italic this post up a bit so it will hopefully make more sense to the reader. TLDR; I had a lucid dream within a lucid dream.


Foods Eaten: Subway and Eggnog (yummmm! I think this may be the culprit for this crazy dream.)

Dream Location: Boyfriend's House... plus other various...

The Dream:
(It begins as a dream inside my dream)
I am at my boyfriend's house, in the bedroom laying in bed, completely under the covers - head included. I feel something jump on top of me, it starts to claw gently into the covers on top of me and purr, and I realize that it's a cat.

(The dream inside a dream becomes lucid)
I suddenly notice that something is completely off - I'm not sure why there is a cat jumping on me, or who's cat it is, because my boyfriend doesn't have a cat. I realize that I am dreaming, and immediately wake myself up.

(Now inside one level of dream - still lucid)
I'm excited, I sit straight up and wake up my boyfriend, who is laying next to me. All the lights in the room are on. I say to him, "I just had a lucid dream! I knew I was dreaming because a cat jumped on me, and I realized that you don't have a cat so it had to be a dream and I woke myself up!" My boyfriend gave me a quirky, unamused and uninterested look. I laid back down and drifted back to sleep.

(Back inside two levels of dream - now I'm not lucid)
I'm driving my 350z, my boyfriend is driving his new 2011 Mustang (he doesn't have this car yet, but it's what he's planning to buy in the near future) - he's in front of me. It's dark out, and we're driving down a quiet road, going up a hill. There is a group of four mailboxes to the right, I watch my boyfriend drive his car into them.

(The dream inside a dream becomes lucid once again)
I realize that I'm dreaming again, my boyfriend would never drive a new car like that... I somehow knew he wouldn't be stupid enough to get into that kind of an accident. It sort of scared me though, so I woke myself up again.

(Back inside only one level of dream - still lucid)
My boyfriend is awake this time, and I tell him that I just watched him crash his new car into a bunch of mailboxes. He told me it was just a dream and comforted me back to sleep once again...

(Inside two levels of dream - non lucid)
I'm laying in my boyfriend's bed again, talking to my boyfriend. I hear a sudden, distant two coughs from down his hallway.

(Once again, I become lucid in my dream inside a dream - I think my boyfriend may have woken up and been coughing for real when this part happened)
I stiffen up, as does my boyfriend. I've, again, realized something is not right. I whisper to my boyfriend, "Did you hear that?" He whispers back, "Yes..." I ask, "Who is in your house?" I am extremely freaked out at this point, and I try to wake myself up, but it doesn't seem like I am dreaming.

I succeed in waking myself up, but immediately fall back asleep. I go back and forth between dreaming and dreaming inside my dream, and each time builds more anxiety because I can't seem to wake myself up. I feel like I am permanently stuck inside dreamland...

And then suddenly I woke up. I had to actually get out of bed, get a drink, and walk around for a few minutes before I was sure I was REALLY awake. This dream freaked me out so sincerely that I couldn't fall back asleep for a solid two hours. If you've seen "Inception," - this is my interpretation of being stuck in "Limbo."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running Away with Chevelle

From School to Blood

Mushrooms to Restore Sanity