Mansion

Notes: When I woke up, I remembered a strangely large amount of detail from this dream. It was definitely one of my more vivid ones in a while, unfortunately I seem to have forgotten a bit of it since I failed to quickly transpose it.

Foods Eaten: Chicken and broccoli Alfredo

Dream Location: A very large and upscale version of our family friend, Lynn Wilson's house.

The Dream:
I don't remember where it started... but I was walking down a vast hallway. The ceilings were extremely high... something you would see in a castle. Everything seemed so elegant, the doorways were mahogany and nearly the height of the ceiling, and curved and pointed at the top... like what you might see on a church. The walls were half paneled and half covered in a tan and brown scroll patterned wallpaper. One of the doors to my left opened, and looking inside I saw a black and white tiled floor with restaurant tables and waiters walking around the room. There was a busboy collecting dishes off one table.

I continued walking down the hall, until I reached my supposed destination, which was a bedroom. I came to the realization that this home apparently belonged to my family's close friend, Lynn Wilson. I think I ran into her daughters, Kathryn and Rachel at some point, but I don't remember where or what kind of conversation occurred. I think I got in the bed that was in the bedroom and went to sleep...

(This was sort of strange, falling asleep in a dream and reawaking into the same dream)
I awoke after some time, still in the bedroom. I had woken up because I had to use the bathroom. I got out of bed and left the bedroom. I took a left turn out of the room, and then another left turn back into the main hallway I was in earlier. The hallway transitioned into a still elegant area, but differently textured. The floor and walls were marble, with glass doors. I noticed there were two doors, appropriately labeled as women's and men's bathrooms. I entered the women's room, but once I was in there, the walls seemed fully glass. I could see straight out them to the other people walking around the halls. Looking left, I noticed that I could also see straight into the guy's bathroom. I pondered for a moment if it was like one of those optical illusion tinted mirror glass like things, where I could see out, but no one could see in. I really had to pee at this point though, so I just hoped for the best. I sat down to go, watching random people walk down the hall. There were many of them passing by, it didn't seem that any of them took notice of me (it also didn't occur to me how strange it was that there were tons of people walking down the hallways of a house at night).

Suddenly, the door next to me opened. I quickly got up and clothed myself. I went to flush the toilet, but it didn't want to work. I began washing my hands, as a guy entered the men's bathroom. I could clearly see through the glass that it was an old friend, Craig. His face scrunched up in displeasure as he looked into the men's toilet and saw it too, was clogged. I pretended that I hadn't been using the bathroom (because I didn't want him to think I was the one who "clogged" the women's toilet), and said, "Yeah, this one is clogged too."

I'm not sure how I came to the realization, but I eventually figured out I was dreaming. I started thinking to myself, "Just open your eyes and you'll wake up." I did as I told myself, and sure enough I did "wake up," but I think I just awoke into another dream world. I don't know what happened there though, and eventually my alarm clock woke me up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running Away with Chevelle

From School to Blood

Mushrooms to Restore Sanity