End of the World

Notes: I could hear ticking and bombs blowing up as a constant through out this dream. I slept straight through the alarm clock going off this morning, my boyfriend kept hitting snooze, and I think the bombs may have been associated with the alarm clock. I'm not sure what was up with the random comment about the Buffalo swimming pool... I know it was reference to a pool in Buffalo, New York... but I've only been there maybe once or twice. The statement in the dream triggered the very vague memory of being there when I woke up.

Foods Eaten: Garlic Crescent Rolls

Dream Location: My House

The Dream:
I was in the basement of my house, in my mom's home office. It seemed weird... old, maybe like what it would look like in a hundred years from now. My dad was sitting at my mom's desk, frantically shoving papers in drawers. I asked what he was doing, but he mostly ignored me, just muttering "Shit, shit, I've got to hide the papers. They're going to destroy us." This perplexed me, though didn't seem to panic me. I wasn't sure what to do, or how to help... so I just continued to watch. I looked up and noticed that the back wall had two open doors (they looked like the ones from another room in my basement, not my mom's office). My mom's desk was to the right of them... and my dad was trying to block the doors. I suggested moving the desk in front of them, so my dad pulled the desk over. There were sheets of wood behind the desk, covered in spiders in cobwebs. I was paranoid only for a second before I reached over to move the wood and block the doors with them. My dad moved the desk over the wood to reinforce blockage of the doors.

Somehow, I ended up outside. I'm not sure what I was going after, but there were bombs being dropped everywhere. My backyard was completely desecrated. I was dodging the bombs, I managed to make it back inside my house without getting hit. I still wasn't panicking. When I got inside, I ran upstairs. My dad and sister were in the kitchen, when I heard a knock on the front door. I answered it. A man dressed in a black and white suit entered my house, with his head hung down. When I asked who he was, he looked up, and I immediately recognized him as a Jehova's Witness. I meanly asked, "What the hell do you want?" He responded, "I'm here to speak with Mrs. Pam Davis." I responded with even more anger, "No! Get the fuck out. Get out of my fucking house." I shoved him out of my front door, slamming and locking the door in his face.

When I walked back to the kitchen, my dad asked what was going on. I told him that the Jehova's Witness wanted to talk to mom. My dad just shrugged, still in a panic about trying to hide all the papers. Around that time, my mom walked in the front door. She said to me, "Ha, I swam more than you in the Buffalo swimming pool." I shrugged, mostly ignoring her. I'm not sure how it came up, I think I mentioned something about the guy who had just knocked on the door. My mom asked who it was, I told her it was just some stupid Jehova's Witness. She got upset, saying she had invited him. She apparently had met him at the swimming pool, she'd been showing him some sort of swim stroke... We told her to stop being stupid and help hide the papers before we were blown up...

Alarm clock went off and actually woke me up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running Away with Chevelle

From School to Blood

Mushrooms to Restore Sanity