Birthday Pool Party at a Lake with Danishes on Top
Notes: Pretty sure Mac n' Cheese is the cause of some of my weirdest and longest dreams. And if your curious about why I dream so specifically of Pomeranian dogs, I really want one, but parents nor boyfriend will let me keep one at their house right now... I clearly enjoy dreaming about them though.
Foods Eaten: Mac n' Cheese
Dream Location: At a hotel or apartment complex that was right on a very large lake. (The place seemed familiar... but I can't identify it)
The Dream:
I was in either an upscale hotel room or an apartment/condo. All the furniture was very fancy, there was a balcony outside, and the outer most walls were lined with windows and elegant white curtains. The carpet was a plush white, and my cat, Cinnamon, plus a Pomeranian puppy were sitting on it, along with two other dogs (that I now can't identify in my awake state). The puppy was calm at first, but then bounced up and bolted into the other room. I called, "Pom Pom!" and it came running back. I didn't have a name for it, but was trying to come up with one.
I left the hotel/apartment/condo, and went downstairs to the lobby area. I didn't notice any place to check in, but I remember there being a small room on the left with a mini-kitchen area in it, and next to that room was a large room with an area to sit and an indoor pool. I walked into the large room, and a bunch of my friends and relatives were there, all walking up to me and telling me happy birthday. I decided I wanted to go swimming, so I jumped in the indoor pool. A couple people followed me, and my puppy appeared out of no where and jumped in the pool, too. I ended up just swimming laps, while other people were just lounging around. When I got bored, I got out and went to sit at a booth on the far wall of the room. Apparently the room was also a restaurant, but I don't remember a waitress ever coming to take my order. When I got out of the pool, a girl I knew was sitting on one side of the bench and a guy I knew was sitting on the other side. I sat next to the girl, but then she made a joke about me not sitting with the guys, so I switched to the other booth.
My cousin, Mindy, came next and sat on the "girl side" of the booth, then a guy I knew OF in high school sat to my left side (I can't remember the guy's name, but I remember him being one of the most quiet and shy guys in the entire school, never said a word). Mindy had her baby, Eva, with her. Mindy started on a rant about her baby's name, saying, "I hate when people call her EE-va, the name is EAA-va." (She was putting lots of emphasis on the pronunciation). She continued, "Ya know? It's what I named her, I just don't want her to grow up being called the wrong name all the time. Is that wrong of me?" No one at the table argued with her, we mainly just shrugged and shook our heads (sort of like we thought she was being ridiculous about it, but didn't want to hurt her feelings).
Somehow I ended up on the other side of the booth, sitting next to Mindy. I noticed that baby Eva had tons of piercings in one of her ears, so I asked Mindy about it. Mindy said she thought piercings were cool, so she was starting Eva early with them. She showed me Eva's other ear, which I specifically remember counting 22 piercings on, each was a silver stud with a small diamond. I told Mindy that I was surprised Eva lived through the pain being so young, and then showed her my ear piercings, feeling out shined since I only had 12.
I ended up going back up to the room, I called out for "Pom Pom," who barked from one of the other rooms. I went into that room, and "Pom Pom" was sitting on the couch. The room smelled distinctly like animal pee, so I walked around the room trying to find it, but found nothing. I picked up "Pom Pom" and walked out on to the balcony with him.
Next thing I know, I am back in the lobby holding a box of Strawberry Cheese Breakfast Danishes. I notice my co-worker, Granger, sitting at one of the tables. I walked over to her and offered her the box of danishes, but she declined. I went to the small kitchen room and opened the refrigerator to put the danishes in there, but the entire fridge was full of donuts. I moved some of them out of the way and shoved my danish box on top of them. I went back to talk to Granger, but we heard tons of noise coming from outside.
We walked out the backdoor of the lobby, and it opened up into a beach area for a huge lake. There were hundreds of people standing and swimming in the lake - it looked like they were playing chicken, and people were cheering for some of the contestants. Granger and I walked over to some stairs and walked up them to a deck/overlook area. Way in the distance, I noticed "Pom Pom" running along a dock over the lake, then jumping right in. I wondered what time it was, and looked up at a clock that was mounted on the deck, and noticed that it was 11:30 am...
...and that was when I woke up, because I panicked that I was really late for work. (Fortunately looked at the clock and it was only 8:30.)
Foods Eaten: Mac n' Cheese
Dream Location: At a hotel or apartment complex that was right on a very large lake. (The place seemed familiar... but I can't identify it)
The Dream:
I was in either an upscale hotel room or an apartment/condo. All the furniture was very fancy, there was a balcony outside, and the outer most walls were lined with windows and elegant white curtains. The carpet was a plush white, and my cat, Cinnamon, plus a Pomeranian puppy were sitting on it, along with two other dogs (that I now can't identify in my awake state). The puppy was calm at first, but then bounced up and bolted into the other room. I called, "Pom Pom!" and it came running back. I didn't have a name for it, but was trying to come up with one.
I left the hotel/apartment/condo, and went downstairs to the lobby area. I didn't notice any place to check in, but I remember there being a small room on the left with a mini-kitchen area in it, and next to that room was a large room with an area to sit and an indoor pool. I walked into the large room, and a bunch of my friends and relatives were there, all walking up to me and telling me happy birthday. I decided I wanted to go swimming, so I jumped in the indoor pool. A couple people followed me, and my puppy appeared out of no where and jumped in the pool, too. I ended up just swimming laps, while other people were just lounging around. When I got bored, I got out and went to sit at a booth on the far wall of the room. Apparently the room was also a restaurant, but I don't remember a waitress ever coming to take my order. When I got out of the pool, a girl I knew was sitting on one side of the bench and a guy I knew was sitting on the other side. I sat next to the girl, but then she made a joke about me not sitting with the guys, so I switched to the other booth.
My cousin, Mindy, came next and sat on the "girl side" of the booth, then a guy I knew OF in high school sat to my left side (I can't remember the guy's name, but I remember him being one of the most quiet and shy guys in the entire school, never said a word). Mindy had her baby, Eva, with her. Mindy started on a rant about her baby's name, saying, "I hate when people call her EE-va, the name is EAA-va." (She was putting lots of emphasis on the pronunciation). She continued, "Ya know? It's what I named her, I just don't want her to grow up being called the wrong name all the time. Is that wrong of me?" No one at the table argued with her, we mainly just shrugged and shook our heads (sort of like we thought she was being ridiculous about it, but didn't want to hurt her feelings).
Somehow I ended up on the other side of the booth, sitting next to Mindy. I noticed that baby Eva had tons of piercings in one of her ears, so I asked Mindy about it. Mindy said she thought piercings were cool, so she was starting Eva early with them. She showed me Eva's other ear, which I specifically remember counting 22 piercings on, each was a silver stud with a small diamond. I told Mindy that I was surprised Eva lived through the pain being so young, and then showed her my ear piercings, feeling out shined since I only had 12.
I ended up going back up to the room, I called out for "Pom Pom," who barked from one of the other rooms. I went into that room, and "Pom Pom" was sitting on the couch. The room smelled distinctly like animal pee, so I walked around the room trying to find it, but found nothing. I picked up "Pom Pom" and walked out on to the balcony with him.
Next thing I know, I am back in the lobby holding a box of Strawberry Cheese Breakfast Danishes. I notice my co-worker, Granger, sitting at one of the tables. I walked over to her and offered her the box of danishes, but she declined. I went to the small kitchen room and opened the refrigerator to put the danishes in there, but the entire fridge was full of donuts. I moved some of them out of the way and shoved my danish box on top of them. I went back to talk to Granger, but we heard tons of noise coming from outside.
We walked out the backdoor of the lobby, and it opened up into a beach area for a huge lake. There were hundreds of people standing and swimming in the lake - it looked like they were playing chicken, and people were cheering for some of the contestants. Granger and I walked over to some stairs and walked up them to a deck/overlook area. Way in the distance, I noticed "Pom Pom" running along a dock over the lake, then jumping right in. I wondered what time it was, and looked up at a clock that was mounted on the deck, and noticed that it was 11:30 am...
...and that was when I woke up, because I panicked that I was really late for work. (Fortunately looked at the clock and it was only 8:30.)
Comments
Post a Comment